Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Hot?? Telus $60/mth Unlim/Canada-Wide Talk/Text 5gb data Includes CID&VM MB only?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2013 6:55 am
Tags:
Sep 25, 2010
39 posts
3 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Telus] Hot?? Telus $60/mth Unlim/Canada-Wide Talk/Text 5gb data Includes CID&VM MB only?

This a "Manitoba Only" plan, and I'm pretty sure it used to be only unlimited Manitoba wide calling. Plus they have a $15 add-on for unlimited US long distance. So for $75 you get unlim Canada/US (while in Canada of course).

Either way, this is HOT compared to the competition's $57 Unlimited 2gb plans.

Sorry if this is a repost, but I couldn't find it if it is.
65 replies
Aug 4, 2010
212 posts
113 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I wonder why Manitobians always get sick deals compared to other provinces...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6104 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
could be a hot deal, where did you find this is it online or in a paper ad?
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1772 posts
243 upvotes
If I get this plan with Manitoba address and start using in Toronto, will I get any extra charge???

Data is already canada wide,, so if calling is also unlimited canada wide then I should not be charged any extra...
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
5708 posts
594 upvotes
densil_lopez wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 12:49 pm
If I get this plan with Manitoba address and start using in Toronto, will I get any extra charge???

Data is already canada wide,, so if calling is also unlimited canada wide then I should not be charged any extra...
Website states "unlimited nation wide" so should work outside of MB.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2633 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
densil_lopez wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 12:49 pm

But won't your number be a Manitoban number? People calling you will probably get charged for long distance if they don't have Canada Wide Calling
Mar 7, 2006
312 posts
75 upvotes
To my knowledge, unlimited canada-wide calling refers to you can call anywhere in Canada for free from home, but that doesn't mean you can roam for free. But I don't have that feature so don't quote me on that :P
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2012
4674 posts
1842 upvotes
Winnipeg
Looks like SK also included.
Feb 19, 2010
621 posts
107 upvotes
Why only Manitoba? Can we call telus in another city and ask for this deal? Is their a telus rep on RFD?
Feb 9, 2008
685 posts
62 upvotes
StormBringer44 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 5:34 pm
I wonder why Manitobians always get sick deals compared to other provinces...
It's because the Telus towers currently don't have much coverage in Manitoba compared to the other providers which is why they are trying to draw in customers with lower prices. The coverage in Winnipeg is pretty good, but not great compared to MTS or Rogers. Once you leave the city coverage is very bad, Telus HSPA so far is only for people who need coverage in Winnipeg.
Capitalism 3.0 : A Guide to Reclaiming the Commons
Communism didn't really work, current day Capitalism doesn't work, let's consider Capitalism 3.0
http://capitalism3.com/ <<<<<< FREE eBook download
Sep 9, 2005
669 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone outside of MB or SK had any success getting this deal? I've heard they will sometimes give the deal to get or keep a client, but it's very hit or miss depending on who you speak to at TELUS. I'd sign up on the spot if I could get this! :)
May 24, 2012
9 posts
Milton
I tried and she said no dice. I'm still thinking of ordering though and just dealing with a different area code.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5236 posts
1395 upvotes
Markham
I got the old SK deal through retentions. That SK deal is basically the same as this but not nationwide calling. Call retention and ask.
× < >