[Fido] HOT: YMMV $55 6GB / $75 10GB retention Pulse Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 12:27 am
[OP]
Aug 31, 2004
114 posts
88 upvotes

[Fido] HOT: YMMV $55 6GB / $75 10GB retention Pulse Plan

Sharing this in case others don't follow the retention thread....

From the Fido retention thread (thanks to TheRollingJ & toastyincad for posting this there):

fido-retention-plans-376936/2160

Fido currently has a sweet deal that includes 6GB *with* Fido Roam and Spotify (for 6 months only). It seems to be highly YMMV as the Fido retention thread is seemingly random as to who is eligible. I was able to get this for both my Fido lines coming from the $50 5GB non-pulse plan (Freedom Mobile plan from months back). Folks from ON, BC and AB have reported success.

It is called the $55 Fido Pulse 6GB BYOP (same features apply for the $75 10 GB plan):

Unlimited Canada calling
Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US and international numbers
• Call Display
• Call Waiting
• Circle Calling
• Mini Voicemail
5 free hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes
• Fido Roam
• Compatible with Spotify Premium offers

Edit 8/15 Some people are reporting getting a bonus 1000 international LD minutes thrown in. There are apparently 2 versions of this plan - one with the minutes, one without. I personally only had success getting the plan w/o the bonus minutes.

Edit #2 8/15 Some people are reporting success by simply attempting to change their plan via fido.ca to either the $55 6GB or $75 10GB plan -- there are reports of seeing these plans there.

Good luck!
Last edited by sgdnfan on Aug 10th, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
878 replies
Apr 13, 2017
375 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
Extremely hard to get even for long time Fido users, props for posting here, maybe more exposure would lead to figuring out how to get it.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Aug 24, 2011
659 posts
354 upvotes
London
Also as per the Big Fido thread, they also apparently also have 10gb for $75 which is great if you need a lot of data. Comes with all the perks.
[OP]
Aug 31, 2004
114 posts
88 upvotes
Thanks I forgot about that one. I updated the OP.
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 8:12 pm
Also as per the Big Fido thread, they also apparently also have 10gb for $75 which is great if you need a lot of data. Comes with all the perks.
Mar 30, 2013
541 posts
217 upvotes
I got offered this plan. To be effective from the next billing cycle.

The Loyalty $55 Data, Talk & Text Pulse plan comes with:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
- 1000 international long distance mins to specific countries (let me know if you'd like more info)
- 6 GB (over usage: $7/100 MB)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Call Display (Number only)
- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™
- Discover Spotify for up to 6 months
- 5 FREE hours of data (1 hour, 5 times per billing cycle) with Data Bytes™

This is a BYOP plan. Note that, should you wish to get an agreement later on, you'll have to change the plan.
Thanks!
[OP]
Aug 31, 2004
114 posts
88 upvotes
Interesting. So an additional 1000 LD minutes thrown in... that is awesome. Do you have details on these minutes?
Somvanshi wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:22 pm

- 1000 international long distance mins to specific countries (let me know if you'd like more info)
- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™

This is a BYOP plan. Note that, should you wish to get an agreement later on, you'll have to change the plan.
Jan 17, 2004
254 posts
25 upvotes
2 chat sessions and denied twice. I have the 5gb for $50 but the fido roam would have made it the perfect plan for me!
[OP]
Aug 31, 2004
114 posts
88 upvotes
This reminds me of the old days negotiating with Rogers retentions... total crap shoot if you get offered the plan you want

Only thing to do is keep persisting and trying :(
mighty_mike wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:19 pm
2 chat sessions and denied twice. I have the 5gb for $50 but the fido roam would have made it the perfect plan for me!
Jul 13, 2013
334 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
switched without any question@@" Love you sgdnfan
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2502 posts
228 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP! I don't follow the fido retention plan but this is up the alley for my BF who's on the x'mas fido non-pulse 6gb plan for $60. The fido roam would be what he's looking for.
Jul 13, 2013
334 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Somvanshi wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:22 pm

- Circle Calling™
- Fido Roam™

Wtf 1000mins LD..... Given for free..... How
Jan 8, 2017
86 posts
27 upvotes
The intl minutes keep me sticking to the 4GB plan. I hate the province-wide minutes though and old school roaming plan is brutally expensive for trash service.

Will try to get the $55 plan with intl minutes tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2307 posts
377 upvotes
Vancouver
mighty_mike wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:19 pm
My exact thoughts and situation! Haven't tried yet, though.
Oct 19, 2011
316 posts
66 upvotes
Can I get it if I'm on the 3gb/$15 and a device contract? Or would it not be worth considering I'd have to cancel my contract?

I could justify switching carriers because my data usage is huge and I'm being raped by overages?