[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON

HotDAM! Android beta app users get sneak peak

Hey Everyone,
We're slowly rolling out a new feature called HotDAM (Hot Deals Around Me) to our Android forums app Beta Program users.

So what's HotDAM?

Simply, it's Hot Deals... Around Me! Think of it like an entire section dedicated to YMMV deals, on a map, with pictures every time!

This is the first look at the feature and it's still in beta mode, but we're excited about its potential.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, uncontrollable praise Face With Tears Of Joy, let me know!
Images
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 3.22.13 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 3.21.52 PM.png
4 replies
Feb 24, 2016
54 posts
13 upvotes
Montréal, Québec
HotDAM!

Side note: installing the latest beta with HotDAM will force logout, but only this one time. This minor annoyance will bring with it some features in the near future, so rather do it now than wait. :)

Enjoy!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4205 posts
365 upvotes
Markham
Thing is the city is never right, always change, I am wondering how hotdam would look like if city is wrong
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
smartie wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 6:37 pm
Thing is the city is never right, always change, I am wondering how hotdam would look like if city is wrong
Good question.
1. We're fixing that location bug that you see in the browser now, so that should be ok in the future.
2. The location we use in the Forums app is based on your mobile device's location and we request permission to share it with the app, that way the location is always correct.
Feb 24, 2016
54 posts
13 upvotes
Montréal, Québec
HotDAM on Android is now rolling out to everyone​. This is an updated forums app with a new local hot deals experience.