• Aug 14th, 2018 11:20 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
9900 posts
1056 upvotes

Hotel in Chicago

Any suggestion? not looking for Airbnb. Price must be reasonable and dont need anything too expensive..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6806 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
IME, hotels in downtown Chicago are expensive. Depending on your needs, it is sometimes a better deal to get a hotel out of the downtown core close to an L station and use that to get downtown.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9063 posts
1708 upvotes
Somewhere
Oh boy, do I have an option for you.

If you're going in the summer, try this:

http://www.chicagosummerhousing.com/

It's dorm style, but right in the downtown core, is affordable, clean, and has free breakfast.

When I went last year, I parked my car somewhere near the airport using SpotHero, then subway my way to the housing.
:confused:
Sep 30, 2001
27147 posts
6126 upvotes
Toronto
I stayed at the Hotel EMC2 which I loved. Walking distance to the Pier, shops and restaurants. Funky steampunk vibe in the rooms. It's not cheap though.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Aug 16, 2009
899 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Stay close the the Magnificent Mile and you'll be walking distance to a lot of things.
Dec 11, 2013
255 posts
139 upvotes
Victoria
I stayed at the Silversmith hotel. Not in the main tourist area but still close to the bean. Rooms were nice, view was non-existent, prices were cheaper than the Mile. Train stops were a block away.

https://www.silversmithchicagohotel.com

If you're a pipe and cigar smoker like me, Iwan Ries is across the street.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
3929 posts
2608 upvotes
Toronto
Try hotwire "hot rate hotels" use promo code vivalasvegas10 for extra 10% off. You can look at the tripadvisor review score and know which hotel you are getting most of the time.

The other is groupon flash hotel deal. Again use promo codes for extra % off. They have promo codes from time to time:
https://www.groupon.com/travel/chicago/hotels
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2186 posts
205 upvotes
North York
Debated whether staying downtown (and pay sky high price) or stay a bit further up .... finally decided to stay near the airport (O'Hare) for a probably 1/3 of hotel price in Downtown for comparable rooms. Hotels around these areas are also very good with free breakfast (Added time saving a good bonus)

Getting downtown from O'Hare is very easy (takes about 30 minutes drive) and park downtown using SpotHero App which averages to about $20/day park. Or alternatively, for a more economical option, theres the train - though it takes ~20 stops to downtown.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17857 posts
2560 upvotes
GTA West
kiasu wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 11:39 am
Any suggestion? not looking for Airbnb. Price must be reasonable and dont need anything too expensive..
I find the fastest way to research and narrow down hotels is to use a combination of TripAdvisor and Expedia searches. They have great tools to narrow down hotels based on location, features, amenities, review ratings, prices, etc.
But I always book direct with the hotel, not through Expedia. Booking direct makes is much easier to resolve any problem that may arise.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5581 posts
1228 upvotes
Markham
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 12:31 pm
I find the fastest way to research and narrow down hotels is to use a combination of TripAdvisor and Expedia searches. They have great tools to narrow down hotels based on location, features, amenities, review ratings, prices, etc.
But I always book direct with the hotel, not through Expedia. Booking direct makes is much easier to resolve any problem that may arise.
I recently booked thru Expedia rather than direct because of Ebates. Ebates was offering 8% rebate (think there was a double offer running) on my hotel so I booked thru there. Got back over $100 for my hotel stay!!!!
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)