Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
479 posts
179 upvotes

Hotels in London Uk

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any downtown london hotels that are inexpensive and include ensuite facilities

I have done a search and found several,

There is one in kings cross called The Crestfield that is approx $60 pounds/night.
I've read reviews and it's our #1 choice but before I book I wanted to see if anyone else had anything better or any suggestions to make my travel easier.

Kyfe
9 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11458 posts
1676 upvotes
Mississauga
kyfe wrote:Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any downtown london hotels that are inexpensive and include ensuite facilities

I have done a search and found several,

There is one in kings cross called The Crestfield that is approx $60 pounds/night.
I've read reviews and it's our #1 choice but before I book I wanted to see if anyone else had anything better or any suggestions to make my travel easier.

Kyfe
Stay away from King's Cross. It's a rough neighbourhood, the London equivalent of Jane/Finch.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
479 posts
179 upvotes
Thanks for the site, I figured ppl would post that kind of info.

I've been to the UK before, kings cross is not quite j&f. Rougher than some other areas but having staying at a counsel flat in ashworth I can't see it being any worse.

We settled on kings cross because we arrive into the uk but are there for 2 nights, it's central and very accessable to anywhere by tube.

keep the suggestions coming,

Kyfe
Dec 26, 2004
72 posts
hey, i stayed at the REGENT PALACE in picadilly circus feb 19-20. of this year. can't beat the location...in walking distance to anywhere. i found an internet special of 47pounds/night. and the hotel price was 99pounds/night. although there was no bathroom or shower in the room but there was one on the floor that was really clean...but thats where you'll want to be!
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
479 posts
179 upvotes
thebarry, thanks for the info do you know if they have en-suite rooms as well?

a central location is key since we are only there for a short period of time
Dec 26, 2004
72 posts
oh ya! they definately do! but it is alot more expensive! really i found the hotel to be perfect! 110 cdn a night for the internet deal! you;re never in your room! find the website for the place! really great place to stay
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3893 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Try Jurys Inn Heathrow. I think there's a special for only 49 pounds per night and it comes with an amazing continental breakfast (eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, etc..). The place is only 1.5 years old so it's very clean and rooms are spacious and of course everything is ensuite.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
479 posts
179 upvotes
thebarry wrote:oh ya! they definately do! but it is alot more expensive! really i found the hotel to be perfect! 110 cdn a night for the internet deal! you;re never in your room! find the website for the place! really great place to stay
yeah I checked the price and it's 95 pounds a night so it's more than I want to spend although I love the location, we've already found the crestfield which includes breakfast for 60 pounds with ensuite. I'm beginning to thing I won't be able to do better...

thanks again for the suggestion,

Kyfe
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
479 posts
179 upvotes
thanks everyone I booked the St Margarets hotel in london it had really good reviews and looks like a nice clean hotel and still centrally located.

Now for Amsterdam