Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Hotspot Hotshield VPN - $14.89 for one year

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2012 2:05 am
Tags:
None
Aug 18, 2005
696 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.com] Hotspot Hotshield VPN - $14.89 for one year

Not the best VPN out there but 1 year for $15 isn't a bad deal considering I have streamed US Netflix as well as Amazon Video with it successfully .

Page says it expired last night at 11:59PM but checkout still shows the half-price deal.

http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield ... tag=button
25 replies
Dec 25, 2006
487 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone tried using spotify or mlb.tv with this?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
danc wrote: has anyone tried using spotify or mlb.tv with this?
You shouldn't need that for Spotify, may be just for the sign up? They don't enforce IP check.
Apr 1, 2009
286 posts
139 upvotes
Bought works...for 15$ cant say no, 1 a month is great usually $5 a month
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Just signed one year with pia for $39.95.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Jan 11, 2010
788 posts
24 upvotes
rui wrote: Just signed one year with pia for $39.95.
How did you pay for it bitcoin or pre paid cc?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
cheapgeek wrote: How did you pay for it bitcoin or pre paid cc?
with my u$ credit card
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
zdpz wrote: is it like unblockus, basiclaly I want to make my Xbox 360 or WDTV Live plus use it
to use it for that, you have to set it up on your wifi router don't you?
Dec 15, 2012
1 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
spotflux is also a New York jurisdiction company that can (not saying it does) log every single thing you do on the net.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2237 upvotes
GTA
mattshop wrote: spotflux is also a New York jurisdiction company that can (not saying it does) log every single thing you do on the net.
Don't just point out the negative. It would be more appreciated if you could more productive by recommending some that are better - at least to your standard and knowledge.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
DragOnT wrote: Don't just point out the negative. It would be more appreciated if you could more productive by recommending some that are better - at least to your standard and knowledge.
Actually I appreciate this being pointed out...good to know both pros and cons..
Speaking of cons, make sure you read the reviews before considering - ouch!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2007
2611 posts
79 upvotes
Does this work similar to unblock-us... as in does it affect speed/ping?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: Don't just point out the negative. It would be more appreciated if you could more productive by recommending some that are better - at least to your standard and knowledge.

Private Internet Access $40 usd per year. 3 simutaneous connections at the same time. Has proxy supprt, lots of US servers, some canadian, some european, hong kong server coming next year (we hope). No logging.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
rageking wrote: Private Internet Access $40 usd per year. 3 simutaneous connections at the same time. Has proxy supprt, lots of US servers, some canadian, some european, hong kong server coming next year (we hope). No logging.
I couldn't find any information anywhere about connection limitations etc. where did you find that number of 3?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
is this a REAL vpn or just a dns redirect for watching hulu?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: I couldn't find any information anywhere about connection limitations etc. where did you find that number of 3?
you can email them, but it is 3. Has to be from same original ip where you are located
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6697 posts
266 upvotes
St. Catharines
rui wrote: Just signed one year with pia for $39.95.
PIA, VPN crawls 850 KB/s from 2.5MB/s (18MB Cable) connection using their software client on my PC. That's with a Canadian server and socks5 proxy has connectivity issues, been there and cancelled. You get what you pay for with PIA, my advice is avoid. If you want to take the risk and pay for there terribly slow connection it's $36.95 USD now, not $39.95 USD anymore.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/bvs-xmas

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)