Hot Deals

[Hotstar] Hotstar CA Annual subscription 75% off.. only $20 for 1 year, comes to $1.67 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 10:19 am
Sep 24, 2012
806 posts
293 upvotes
Mississauga
$12 a year is hard to beat. hopefully they dont have streaming issues.

signed up, thanks OP!
Feb 10, 2016
8 posts
But it says not available in canada
Can someone send me a link to page
Jul 2, 2018
75 posts
38 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:31 am
Price drop to $11.99/year with promo code LOHRI.
Thanks! Missed signing up during Christmas but got a better deal now!
Koodo - $45/6GB | Telus Pure Fiber 300 - $45/month (on student discount)
Scotiabank Momentum Visa Infinite - FYF + 5% cash back promo
HSBC World Elite MasterCard - FYF + 20k signup bonus + 10k for $1k spend in 3 months
Jul 19, 2016
94 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario
Did anyone try to watch the India vs Australia ODI tonight??
I don’t see it anywhere when I log on to watch the match.
What a disappointment!!
Is it some scam???? It said it will be showing the matches live right?
Sep 24, 2012
806 posts
293 upvotes
Mississauga
sunstar1980 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:01 pm
What a disappointment!!
feeling the same at this point now. searched everywhere, googled about it, nowhere to be found live streaming linkSmiling Face With Horns
Jul 19, 2016
94 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario
TrackerJacker wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:06 pm
feeling the same at this point now. searched everywhere, googled about it, nowhere to be found live streaming linkSmiling Face With Horns

WTF..... I guess it’s time to cancel the subscription so it doesn’t renew next year!!
Mar 30, 2007
359 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Hotstar is not covering india vs Australia series. I think they will cover IPL and the world cup
Jul 19, 2016
94 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario
kashman wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:58 pm
Hotstar is not covering india vs Australia series. I think they will cover IPL and the world cup

Thought I read somewhere it was.
Is there a link to which tournaments they are showing live??
Dec 23, 2016
23 posts
2 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:01 pm
What a disappointment!!
Star sports and Hotstar don't have rights to telecast/stream this tournament. Even in India, Sony Six and Sony Ten3 telecasts it I think.
Jul 19, 2016
94 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario
Oh I guess it’s the series in India I was thinking of.
Here is the response from their customer service.

Hotstar
Dear User,

Thank you for writing to Hotstar.

We completely understand how eager you must be to watch India tour of Australia. Unfortunately, as mentioned in our website, we do not have the rights for the current Aus vs Ind series being played in Australia. We do have the rights for the upcoming Ind vs Aus that will be played in India in Feb'2019. https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-series ... 19/matches

Just in the first 6 months of 2019, in live cricket we have PayTM India vs. Australia in February, VIVO IPL starting in April and ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 starting in May.

Thanks,
Hotstar Team.
Feb 11, 2013
208 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Damm. was charged full amount on the next page. waiting on call with customer service to sort this out.

Update: 30 mins waiting and it was sorted. 68$ will be credited to my card in 10 business days. Hope so it happens. LOHRI is valid code.
Apparently, first time when I clicked on Start subscription button it said. connectivity error with payment provider. try again. I clicked the button one more time and it seems the next time the code did not go through. if someone has a same experience then, I would suggest to start all over again from start.
Last edited by cthakker on Jan 12th, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 31, 2007
42 posts
9 upvotes
Scarborough
sunstar1980 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:09 pm
Thought I read somewhere it was.
Is there a link to which tournaments they are showing live??

Star Sports and Hotstar have right for all cricket matches played in India. They don't have rights when India plays overseas. Current Ind vs Aus series is played in Australia so they can't stream it.
Dec 13, 2013
347 posts
195 upvotes
Does anyone know if the discounted price is different between "Sports and Entertainment" and "Entertainment Only" categories?

Want to buy it and gift the subsciption to a friend and she is only interested in Indian shows and doesn't have any interest in sports.
Apr 23, 2014
933 posts
289 upvotes
GTA, ON
yycguy1 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:17 pm
Dang, I just signed up for the $20 offer. Wondering if they'd let me cancel and get the new offer.
Did you try calling them to check if they would allow that? I plan to call them on Monday and check.