Quebec city Fairmount : Le Chateau Frontenac dec 15-16-17, 50%

Deal Link:
Price:
154$
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Hotwire
Going to Quebec during weekend of Dec 16-17. Hotwire is showing 120$+tax on a 4.5 stars and states the last guest got Fairmount le chateau Frontenac.

Betterbidding.com says Hotwire is Fairmount le chateau Frontenac.

I got chateau Frontenac!

It shows 359$+tx on Expedia, it was 230 us on Priceline.

Hot deal for me. Its a weekend and I saved 50%>
19 replies
Dec 4, 2016
265 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal
Is it for friday and saturday night? Also is breakfast included?
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
915 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal,QC
I checked.
Friday and Saturday check in, which makes it hot!

No breakfast I think
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3916 posts
1023 upvotes
Chateau Frontenac is badly maintained nowadays and nothing like it used to be. The best hotel in Quebec City is Le Château Bonne-Entente, which is outside of Vieux Québec.

Another major irritant in getting a hotel in Vieux Québec is that driving and parking a car there is always a total nightmare.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Mar 6, 2015
189 posts
88 upvotes
Quebec, QC
That would depend on what you want to do for the weekend. If you want to park your car and wander around vieux quebec area and enjoy the sites there, then Frontenac is perfect. If you want to be way outside the main part of the city, and have to drive to get places, maybe go up to lac beauport or stoneham for skiing, then bonne-entente is a better choice. It really depends on how you want to spend your weekend.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
915 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal,QC
yeahwhat wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:46 am
That would depend on what you want to do for the weekend. If you want to park your car and wander around vieux quebec area and enjoy the sites there, then Frontenac is perfect. If you want to be way outside the main part of the city, and have to drive to get places, maybe go up to lac beauport or stoneham for skiing, then bonne-entente is a better choice. It really depends on how you want to spend your weekend.
Totally agree.
There's the Christmas market in Old Quebec that we want to go and wander around old city.
I think we just want to park then walk around.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
915 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal,QC
Poutinesauce wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:34 am
Chateau Frontenac is badly maintained nowadays and nothing like it used to be. The best hotel in Quebec City is Le Château Bonne-Entente, which is outside of Vieux Québec.

Another major irritant in getting a hotel in Vieux Québec is that driving and parking a car there is always a total nightmare.
Oh that's sad to hear for the bad maintenance. But I think this is a good deal! It was either best western at 60$ but further away or Hilton at 130$ or smaller hotels next to Frontenac for around 115. I think this was a logical choice.

I guess i can tick that off on the bucket list after the stay. Beautiful from the outside though.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1572 posts
860 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:34 am

The Chateau Frontenac is a beautiful property and you can't beat the location. It had a $75 million dollar reno 2 years ago... I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
How are you comparing it to a hotel OUTSIDE of old QC? Incomparable experiences.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1058 posts
486 upvotes
The 6
Plus, many beauties near the hotel if you go by yourself gentleman. Very convenient. Don't need a car.
May 26, 2011
708 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
4.5 star hotel seems to be @ $400 now
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
915 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal,QC
theosis wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:20 pm
4.5 star hotel seems to be @ $400 now
I just did it at 1:45 PM, It still works for the dates I mentioned : check in dates either dec 15 (Friday) or dec 16 (Saturday)
I tried Hotwire.com , it shows 93 USD+ tax: 121us
On the Hotwire app, it shows 121Cad+ tax :154$
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3916 posts
1023 upvotes
I think Frontenac is not a Fairmount operated property anymore? Anyhow I am going off comments from staff I know that work there.

I know I would prefer a hotel outside Vieux Québec, and to simply take a bus there, there are many lines and it's easy, relatively fast, and saves all the parking hassle.

I would also recommend not to buy anything in Vieux Québec, unless you really want a pin or something. Almost all of the shops are an overpriced tourist trap.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3450 posts
400 upvotes
Oakville
jakemtl wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:03 pm
The Chateau Frontenac is a beautiful property and you can't beat the location. It had a $75 million dollar reno 2 years ago... I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
How are you comparing it to a hotel OUTSIDE of old QC? Incomparable experiences.
This. It was renovated and it is very nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1058 posts
486 upvotes
The 6
Quebec City is the best city in Canada to meet single women:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mtlblog ... ngle-women

If you can't meet women there you might as well not even try. When those ladies discover that you are staying at Chateau Frontenac it says, "ooh la la". You are seen as cultured and classy. It has the cache and does the talking.