• Dec 3rd, 2017 7:10 pm
Mar 6, 2015
189 posts
88 upvotes
Quebec, QC
irodeo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:27 am
Totally agree.
There's the Christmas market in Old Quebec that we want to go and wander around old city.
I think we just want to park then walk around.
The Marché Vieux Port is also pretty cool to look around, as is Basse Ville (Petit Champlain) and Saint-Roc at this time of year. If the weather's particularly bad, the Musée des Beaux-Arts was recently expanded, and the Musée de la civilisation is open too. All within reasonable walking distance of Frontenac.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
915 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal,QC
yeahwhat wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:38 pm
The Marché Vieux Port is also pretty cool to look around, as is Basse Ville (Petit Champlain) and Saint-Roc at this time of year. If the weather's particularly bad, the Musée des Beaux-Arts was recently expanded, and the Musée de la civilisation is open too. All within reasonable walking distance of Frontenac.
Thank you!! Will be enjoying my short stay in QC city.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
915 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal,QC
Poutinesauce wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:49 pm
I think Frontenac is not a Fairmount operated property anymore? Anyhow I am going off comments from staff I know that work there.

I know I would prefer a hotel outside Vieux Québec, and to simply take a bus there, there are many lines and it's easy, relatively fast, and saves all the parking hassle.

I would also recommend not to buy anything in Vieux Québec, unless you really want a pin or something. Almost all of the shops are an overpriced tourist trap.
It will be a totally different experience, last time we were in st-roch

It still is on the Fairmont website though..
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2441 posts
565 upvotes
Markham
If you don't get the water view room, there is no point
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Nov 1, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
I once did a guided tour of the Chateau Frontenac and I think it was 15 dollars per person. It was so worth it. It's one of the best buildings just to tour in Quebec City. There is so much history. Staying outside of Vieux Quebec is a totally different experience...fine for hiking, spas, the aquarium, the waterfalls, or skiing but if you just want to walk around, see churches, or see the plains of abraham or take a cruise stay in the old port.