Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2224 posts
1 upvote

How about a forum just for staples PM

I think there should be a forum just for staples PMs, since so many of them will come up.

Plus everyone probly have a story or two about how hard it was for them to get a PM from staples, and that is why all the good PM from staples thread in the hot deals section seems to be on the first page forever, even after it is over.
10 replies
Aug 25, 2004
627 posts
1 upvote
its an ok idea....but if we do have that than staples would be one step ahead of us if we want to PM....
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22581 posts
4420 upvotes
Waterloo
A more suitable idea is probably a "Price Match Forum", where you have all the price match deals under there
And leave "Hot Deals" to hot/sales deals (not PM types)

But yeah, once we have that, Staples/FutureShop/BestBuy will monitor it and we'll be getting no deals at all, although Staples already monitors RFD anyway
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote:A more suitable idea is probably a "Price Match Forum", where you have all the price match deals under there
Yep, a subforum under Hot Deals would work.
But yeah, once we have that, Staples/FutureShop/BestBuy will monitor it and we'll be getting no deals at all, although Staples already monitors RFD anyway
They can monitor it either way; by separating, maybe it'll save RFD members a bit of time in getting their deals. :)
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2681 posts
17 upvotes
if we put them under sub-forum.. they can do a much easier job monitoring those PM deals....
and staples is changing their policy in april... so i guess there'll be no more PM by then...
so there is no pt to do another sub-forum now...
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
Good idea, keep all the PM idiots to one forum :D
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
B40 wrote:Good idea, keep all the PM idiots to one forum :D
;) Sorry dude ... I do manage to get a couple of non PM deals in so you'd still have to put up with me :D

The problems would go away if we could filter the deals based on their Live/Dead status, and/or sort by "first post" ... but that's already a topic in another thread.
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5874 posts
473 upvotes
doesn't staples sponser this site? like they pay rfd depending on the links that we click that leads to their site right?