Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
6168 posts
654 upvotes
London

How to approach new neighbour not to park his car in front of my house

I know it sounds a bit selfish but I moved into this new home last month and my next door neighbour just moved in two weeks ago, both of our houses are double garage but he only park one of his car on the driveway and left the other park in front of my house, don't know why he doesn't park it in front of his.

I tried once to park my car at that spot while it wasn't park there and he parked it in front of his house, so I thought he got the message but the next day, he's back again.

I know it sounds selfish but I do want to enjoy the view while I am sitting outside and his car is not really the best of sight to look at ( a 10+ years old Black Ford Taurus or something like that)

So what's the best way to tell him to F off without offending him.... :D
Share:
96 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2269 posts
13 upvotes
How about... you dont own the roads.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5463 posts
101 upvotes
talk to him about something else when he's outside moving his lawn or tending to his backyard. gauge his character and see if you can ask him about the parking.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
31 Spooner St. NIFOC
Get lumlum13 to stand there with her bf screaming.... "what tha fack do you think you're dooiinngg? are you trying to run over peee ple?"

j/k :|
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
2905 posts
19 upvotes
This is a pretty silly situation lol :lol: You can't do anything about it except talk to the neighbour nicely and ask him to park in front of his house and that you will park in front of yours. Tell him this how you would like it (as it is your house) and that it would work better for the both of you. Is your neighbour parking in front of your house even when his parking spot is still empty or is he parking there because his parking spot is occupied. If he is parking there even if his spot is empty, then you should talk to him nicely, but if he has no choice, well then you can't do anything. It's city property and everyone is free to park there if they want(3 hours max if they don't live there).
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3700 posts
138 upvotes
Azxster wrote:How about... you dont own the roads.

but it is still stupid to park infront of someone elses house if there is room infront of your own house
Jan 12, 2004
78 posts
Markham
Put a few of these out infront of your house (don't be upset if the city takes them away tho):

Does he park overnight? Most city by-laws don't allow parking during certain hours overnight...you can get him tagged.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3700 posts
138 upvotes
How about parking infront of his house. See how he likes it?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
20496 posts
1253 upvotes
Aurora
Leave a carefully worded note in the windshield asking him to park on his side of the street.

If he persists, then let the air out of all his tires. Don't puncture them, just let the air out of at least two tires. One tire can be handled by a spare. But two tires requires a tow.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
4 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Did you mean he parked in front of your house blocking the drive way, or he parked at the front lawn area that is within your house? If it's the curb side by the lawn, there's nothing you can do about it. If there's a bylaw in your neighbourhood that cars can only park a set number of hours, then you call the bylaw officers. If you don't want to talk to the person directly, there's nothing else you can do about it
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2269 posts
13 upvotes
Isnt that Vandalism?
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
Put a sticky note on his door with the URL of this thread?
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
20496 posts
1253 upvotes
Aurora
There should be a two or four hour limit, call the metre maids and give him a ticket.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15249 posts
532 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I dunno, perhaps start watering your lawn and hope he doesn't like a wet car, or water your lawn and then cut the grass and all the wet blades will go on his car.

You really don't have a say in it because the street isn't yours, so you'll just have to ask nicely

edit: or dumpt a pile of rocks infront of your house claiming that you'll be doing renovations soon
HEATWARE (21 - 0) - evilbaby
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
20496 posts
1253 upvotes
Aurora
Azxster wrote:Isnt that Vandalism?
That is precisely why you do NOT PUNCTURE the tires. Just let the air out. No damage done.
× < >