None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London

How to avoid bad buyers

Not scammers but not much better imo.

My latest experience...I am trying to sell a Rogers Paygo sim card for $40 shipped with $98 balance left. This person Pmed me that he will buy on Thursday and will EMT me...changed his mind on Friday and ask if he could Paypal instead....I told them Paypay will charge me a fee and since I have to add an extra $10 to the paygo card before I ship it, I am actually collecting $28 so he told me he will EMT me saturday morning.....noon past and nothing but recieved another PM from him that he will only pay me after I changed the phone number to a Toronto number and verify the balance at $108. I really want to tell him to xxxx off but decided to just tell him I will not change the number until he pay me...no reply from him eversince.

I went the distance by telling him the passcode of my phone so he can verify the present balance at $98 with Rogers on Friday, I also told him there will be no problem switching the phone number to a Toronto area code one but need to talk to a live Rogers Paygo Customer support person 9-5 Mon-Fri, since doing it with the Rogers automated system will reset the balance to zero. He can also confirm this with either Rogers customer support or at a Rogers wireless store.

During this time from Sept 6-11, I had two potential buyers that approach me that they would buy it off my hand at my original asking price of $50 but now both of them bought sim card already.

Anyway....here is how to avoid bad buyers. (those who wanted to back out but not willing to tell you so they still look good)

1) When they agreed to pay you but delay the payment date a few times.
2) add new terms after the term of sales been agreed upon.

These bad buyers will waste your time...they just don't want to back out on an agreed deal so they would look bad but instead force you to back out so that it will look like a seller's fault instead.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6903 posts
261 upvotes
agreed. Sometimes it is better to sell for 10$ less than asking price to save a headache.

If much rather sell to someone who has 20+ feedback that is doing a clean, smooth transaction for 10$ more than someone who is giving me a hard time. Just not worth it.

and btw: if its still for sale, ill grab it :P
[external advertising and solicitation in signature is not allowed]
Aug 24, 2009
84 posts
2 upvotes
I'd just sell it to the other interested buyers right away. It's first come first serve anyway. I would never hold anything for anyone if they keep delaying like that..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
TiredHands wrote: I'd just sell it to the other interested buyers right away. It's first come first serve anyway. I would never hold anything for anyone if they keep delaying like that..

It is not as easy as you say....for example, I told you I am going to EMT you yesterday, you still haven't receive it now, you sold it to someone else and got the EMT and suddenly my EMT arrived...what you going to do, tell me you couldn't wait for a 24 hours delay of payment?

The person has 37 positive BST ratings and most of them are cell phone related...I should have known he is no good since he kept telling me he know nothing about Rogers Pay as you go and he is buying for his wife. Anyway, I just found out yesterday, he bought used or new phones from ebay and sell them here or he trade phones for extra income. I think he wasn't buying the card for himself, anyway doesn't matter now...I sold the card to the gentlemen above you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)