• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2016 10:13 am
Tags:
None
Nov 30, 2010
151 posts
4 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
While JAC's intentions seem sincere, I would like to point out that speculative assumptions only serve to ward away recent, new, and or not-so-chatty RFD members. I'll elaborate:

JAC wrote:
Sep 16th, 2009 9:18 pm
1. Look at the join date. Less than a few months ago? Few posts? No feedback? Bad signs.
- Such traits are typical of *new* accounts, aren't they?

JAC wrote:
3. Google the seller's email address. If you can't find it anywhere else, it's probably disposable.
- Are all known personal email addresses in wide, public distribution? More Spam w/that email?

JAC wrote:
4. Ask for a phone number. Use it. Google it. Do a reverse lookup.
- Phone services don't all publish personal info.
- Getting prepaid phones, inputting garbage @activation isn't very difficult.
- My personal favorite: unstable/irrational people with unreasonable expectations, harassing to no end & forcing favorite phone #'s to be discarded. :facepalm:

JAC wrote:
5. Ask to pay by cheque or money order. Do a reverse lookup on the mailing address. Google it.
- If the transaction is in-person, a cheque/money order may not be the wisest decision (unless you're craving Russian roulette).

JAC wrote:
6. Look at the photos. Google the link to see if they've been used before under different accounts, or different user names.
- Useful *if* photos claimed to be 'actual' item; sifting through countless pictures online isn't exactly feasible either.

JAC wrote:
7. Visit the photo gallery if you can, and look for photos with different user names. Google the names.
- Not a bad idea, but people with security/personal concerns won't be eager to plaster their face/butt/etc. all over the internet
- Adding identity theft/unauthorized usage of someone else's pictures/etc. to the mix doesn't help either.

All in all, I'd still like to thank JAC for his efforts :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14559 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
You seem to have missed all my points. I'm not going to explain them to you, nor will I bother to express anything other than amusement at a noobs condescension.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Nov 30, 2010
151 posts
4 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Likewise, though it's rather pitiful for you to see attacks, where there are none; adding your belittlement of others only serves to further emphasize, just how 'small' (minded) you really are.

But please, don't let pesky details such as most *new RFD'ers meeting your criteria, get in the way...

...while I'd love to stay and chat, you'll have to make-do self debating from here on out.

In the interest of the record: I'd take being a 'noob' - over being a *boob* like you any day.

Cheerio! :)

Mar 28, 2011
1 posts
Saint John,NB Canada
I am new to this forum and just want to thank you for the awesome info. Everyone.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10044 posts
906 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Just as worse are buyers with no real interest in the item and go back and forth a 100 times in pm's with ZERO intention of buying anything just to screw around with the seller. Loneliness and depression must be widespread. Maybe post a similar thread as to what sellers need to watch out for...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING