Automotive

How Bad Is The Traffic from Richmond Hill (Bathurst/King Rd) to Dufferin/Steeles?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2010 5:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 23, 2007
527 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary

How Bad Is The Traffic from Richmond Hill (Bathurst/King Rd) to Dufferin/Steeles?

Hi, we are going to move to a new area in Richmond Hill and work at new location as well. How is the traffic coming from Bathurst/King Rd to Dufferin/Steeles at 7:30am and going back at 4:30pm? I heard that both Bathurst and Dufferin are really busy in rush hour, but how bad? Thanks for all inputs.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
358 upvotes
rayq wrote:
Oct 4th, 2010 3:06 pm
Hi, we are going to move to a new area in Richmond Hill and work at new location as well. How is the traffic coming from Bathurst/King Rd to Dufferin/Steeles at 7:30am and going back at 4:30pm? I heard that both Bathurst and Dufferin are really busy in rush hour, but how bad? Thanks for all inputs.

At this hour is not too bad. About 25min on either Bathurst -> Steeles or King -> Dufferin. If you are not alone in the car I suggest you take Dufferin so u can benefit from HOL, however that is only available after you pass 407. Try both of them and you'll see for yourself what's better
Jul 12, 2010
54 posts
2 upvotes
rayq wrote:
Oct 4th, 2010 3:06 pm

I live by Bathurst/Major Mackenzie and when I would leave at 7:30 AM the traffic wasn't too bad going down bathurst, until around steeles-ish usually. It isn't gridlock but it's not completely empty either. If you want to go to dufferin/steeles you may have better luck simply going down dufferin then, but I'm not sure. The later you leave in the morning the worse the traffic gets up north.I would come back a bit later than 4:30, (from sheppard) and it was pretty slow until past Steeles/Highway 7 area, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for you. No clue on how the traffic is up north but I assume its not too bad up there. :)

But just going to steeles everyday shouldn't be too bad-it's south of steeles in Toronto where the traffic gets much slower usually. (This was for me in the summer, not sure how it is now with school back and stuff)