Tags:
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
363 posts
72 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
joep wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 12:00 pm
Sounds like you got the job already, do you know when the owner wants you to start?

Like what other says, sign up for a course
At the very least, go to Boston Pizza website and learn the menu item drinks.
Go to another BP and see how other bartenders do it, or ask them to be your mentor
buy the ingredients and practice at home
Thanks for tips. I will sign up online next week for my Smart Serve!
Sep 5, 2012
64 posts
8 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
would you guys have an idea of how much a bartender can earn monthly? Someone told me he used to make 3000 a month with the tips but that really sounds high to me...
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1508 posts
542 upvotes
Tokyo
kimo37 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:04 pm
would you guys have an idea of how much a bartender can earn monthly? Someone told me he used to make 3000 a month with the tips but that really sounds high to me...
Depends on: 1) location 2) days worked 3) hours worked

It's a wide range. $3k in tips is reasonable, some can make more.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
363 posts
72 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
kimo37 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:04 pm
That’s insane!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4506 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto
take some juggling lessons Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 13, 2010
15 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
McKinsey wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:36 pm
Depends on: 1) location 2) days worked 3) hours worked

It's a wide range. $3k in tips is reasonable, some can make more.
Definitely depends on where you work. $3K/month may seem nice, but keep in mind if this is your only job, that's $36,000 per year - hardly breaking the bank. If it's your side gig, then great (but there are only a few bartending jobs out there that will let you work only the busy weekend shifts and have an average tip of $400-$500 per night)
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
363 posts
72 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
mastaj wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 5:30 pm
Definitely depends on where you work. $3K/month may seem nice, but keep in mind if this is your only job, that's $36,000 per year - hardly breaking the bank. If it's your side gig, then great (but there are only a few bartending jobs out there that will let you work only the busy weekend shifts and have an average tip of $400-$500 per night)
He said that was only in tips though. Add in the salary and he’s probably close to 50k if not more...

For me, it would be a side job. I’m a school teacher and I’m newly single. I’m pretty bored on Friday and Saturday nights so...

I also like to try/learn new things!
Dec 13, 2010
15 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Potrice wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 6:57 pm
He said that was only in tips though. Add in the salary and he’s probably close to 50k if not more...

For me, it would be a side job. I’m a school teacher and I’m newly single. I’m pretty bored on Friday and Saturday nights so...

I also like to try/learn new things!
I bartended for years while I was in University, and for a couple of years after (even after I was working a so called "real job"). It was definitely one of the most fun jobs I've ever had, and the tips are great. You do end up spending a lot of money going out - usually after your shift, and because you always have so much cash on you. And since you're newly single - it's definitely an easy way to meet lots of new lady friends :) either fellow co-workers or customers.

Since you don't really "need" the money, I think you will enjoy it, at least for a little while. It does start to get old, the constant partying - but as a teacher, you have all summer to work without needing to wake up early the next day!

Enjoy!
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1771 posts
303 upvotes
If you want to be a bartender the only thing you really need to do is careful study this video.

-LeeBear