• Feb 18th, 2013 3:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
randomroyalty wrote: The main difference with the Blackberry is that it was designed for people who have to get things done. This is a GTD phone, designed to make you more productive. The side benefit is that it is also a great media device (great screen and awesome audio quality, very good camera), and can play games quite well.
I could care less about apps. I have a BlackBerry because I need to get things done. I don't understand people's facination with apps. If I want to play games or watch NetFlix, I have a Nexus 7 and an iPad

There are a few apps I would like to see on the Z10 just because they are convenient to have on a portable device.

Shazam
TuneIn Radio (I know it is available, but it is not a native app)

Other than that, I don't really see a need for apps on a phone. I don't need to watch movies on a phone, I can listen to the radio.

If Apple and Android can handle email, calendaring and messaging as well as a BlackBerry, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. For me, iOS is terrible for anything productive, but to it's credit it is really stable. Android is also terrible at email and it is not stable for me. (I'm using Jelly Bean on Nexus 7, no mods)

The only thing I really miss with the Z10 is the track pad.
Dec 12, 2010
611 posts
55 upvotes
Gee wrote: I could care less about apps. I have a BlackBerry because I need to get things done. I don't understand people's facination with apps. If I want to play games or watch NetFlix, I have a Nexus 7 and an iPad

There are a few apps I would like to see on the Z10 just because they are convenient to have on a portable device.

Shazam
TuneIn Radio
(I know it is available, but it is not a native app)

Other than that, I don't really see a need for apps on a phone. I don't need to watch movies on a phone, I can listen to the radio.

If Apple and Android can handle email, calendaring and messaging as well as a BlackBerry, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. For me, iOS is terrible for anything productive, but to it's credit it is really stable. Android is also terrible at email and it is not stable for me. (I'm using Jelly Bean on Nexus 7, no mods)

Have you tried Nobex?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6928 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
Gee wrote: I could care less about apps. I have a BlackBerry because I need to get things done. I don't understand people's facination with apps. If I want to play games or watch NetFlix, I have a Nexus 7 and an iPad

Shazam
TuneIn Radio (I know it is available, but it is not a native app)

Correct me .. but isn't tunein a native cascades built app on Z10 ?
Jun 26, 2004
514 posts
177 upvotes
BlueBill wrote: Umm, have you read the authors (Michael Li) other posts? To be taken with a grain of salt.
Lol his articles are a total joke aren't they?
I can't believe people are actually eating this stuff up.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Mayoo wrote: Correct me .. but isn't tunein a native cascades built app on Z10 ?
I haven't installed it, but I doubt it is. I think it is ported from Android. If it was native, they would have TuneIn Pro available.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6928 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
Gee wrote: I haven't installed it, but I doubt it is. I think it is ported from Android. If it was native, they would have TuneIn Pro available.
I have it .. i can bet its Native .. try it .. for Ported apps, the menu appears different and no cards which is not the case with Tunein
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2447 posts
239 upvotes
Brampton
Has anyone experienced any noticeable lag yet? Today I was playing a game (CJ: Strike back) when I received a text. The game started to lag so badly that it crashed. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19780 posts
3408 upvotes
Woodbridge
toeknee89 wrote: Has anyone experienced any noticeable lag yet? Today I was playing a game (CJ: Strike back) when I received a text. The game started to lag so badly that it crashed. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen.
I find when you're playing wih Games & Videos it lags/goes out of sync when you interrupt it.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6928 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
toeknee89 wrote: Has anyone experienced any noticeable lag yet? Today I was playing a game (CJ: Strike back) when I received a text. The game started to lag so badly that it crashed. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen.
Tried ur step with angry birds... no lag with text or bbm at the same time. must be on the game end....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)