Computers & Electronics

How to block number on Rogers cell phone?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2007 8:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2672 posts
7 upvotes

How to block number on Rogers cell phone?

How do I block my number from others seeing it if I make a phone call, per call?
(rogers cell phone). I understand there may be some kind of charge but unsure what it is.

Thanks
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6591 posts
724 upvotes
BC
jayk wrote:
Feb 14th, 2007 3:54 pm
How do I block my number from others seeing it if I make a phone call, per call?
(rogers cell phone). I understand there may be some kind of charge but unsure what it is.

Thanks
No charge, and you can do it from the menus on your phone. This varies by phone so I'm going to just say to read your phone's manual.

I believe dialing #31# before the number will also block it, *31# will unblock it if you've already got it blocked.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2834 posts
180 upvotes
what phone do u have, you can probably make it so it alyz hides the id
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2672 posts
7 upvotes
i have a sony w810i if that helps
Jan 9, 2004
218 posts
jayk wrote:
Feb 14th, 2007 3:54 pm

Thanks
Have you phoned another phone, land and cell to see if it shows your number or comes up "private name" "private number" Mine comes up with the private stuff on any call I make and I am with Rogers. Could be set by default on my phone but have never seen a setup to change it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
2834 posts
180 upvotes
jayk wrote:
Feb 14th, 2007 5:43 pm
i have a sony w810i if that helps
Just dial *67 in front of the number you're calling...or if you want save the numbers on your phones phonebook with *67 already added to them so it'll always hide id for that #
:arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrow: :arrowu: :arrowd: :cheesygri :eek:
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1947 posts
3 upvotes
i have the SE 600i so im guessin the menu's are similar for me to block my # i simply go to settings----> calls tab (scroll down to) ---> Show/Hide My No. (click that) ----> then it will give you three options 1) Show Number, 2) Hide Number, 3) Network Default. Choose hide number and ur good to go. Ive tested this and it works, and i didnt recieve a fee on my bill.

Hope this helps.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17090 posts
1148 upvotes
ElectricEclipse wrote:
Feb 15th, 2007 10:42 pm
i have the SE 600i so im guessin the menu's are similar for me to block my # i simply go to settings----> calls tab (scroll down to) ---> Show/Hide My No. (click that) ----> then it will give you three options 1) Show Number, 2) Hide Number, 3) Network Default. Choose hide number and ur good to go. Ive tested this and it works, and i didnt recieve a fee on my bill.

Hope this helps.
Bingo! That's what I've done on both the S710a and the W810i.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
× < >