Tags:
None
[OP]
May 28, 2006
89 posts
2 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

how to bookkeeping?

Don't flame me if this is a silly question :-)

How do you guys do bookkeeping? using softwares like simply accounting / quickbooks, or just keep all receipts/bank stantments plus using excel to tracking expense?

Thanks
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1714 posts
118 upvotes
I recommend using Quickbooks. If you don't have any book keeping background then I suggest for you to take classes to get you started.
[OP]
May 28, 2006
89 posts
2 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
thanks! do you know is there any free classes I can take?
raptorsfever wrote:I recommend using Quickbooks. If you don't have any book keeping background then I suggest for you to take classes to get you started.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1827 posts
126 upvotes
I use excel.

I have a separate worksheet set up for all categories on the T2124 and as I incur an expense I list it and throw the receipt into a shoe box (never to be seen again).

At the end of the year I have a full listing of all my expenses and simply enter the info onto the tax form.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9498 posts
622 upvotes
Muskoka
For low volume, you can get away with Excel, I do this for really small companies. From what Brisk has told me, I think he will need Quickbooks or Simply Accounting.

Most colleges offer reasonably priced courses on basic bookkeeping, and there are also loads of books at the library and bookstores on it. Just make sure you get Canadian based ones.
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
Quickbook is the way to go.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1358 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Simply Accounting - #1 selling packaging in Canada - means a lot more support available if you run into problems.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1493 posts
361 upvotes
Vancouver
id second simply accounting if you were to use software.... but if at all possible (ie your biz is small enough) just get someone to show you how to set up a manual synoptic or something in excel and do it that way