Real Estate

How to buy new construction homes from builder?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 9:07 am
Nov 24, 2011
21 posts
1 upvote
Newmarket

How to buy new construction homes from builder?

How do u look where u can buy it? Do you need a sales agent to represent you?
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2008
1112 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
Just do your research online wrt location, future developments around the area like Walmart, schools, grocery stores etc. You do not need an agent to buy a new home, but they would have a better idea of New homes in Phase 1
Aug 17, 2015
59 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
buzzbuzzhomes maps out some builders, some builders you need to deal with an agent those are listed on realtor.ca

Which areas are you looking for?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4446 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
Do you still have both of your kidneys?

Selling one should be able to get you VIP access to a phase 1 release.... Or at the very least, a spot in line
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7628 posts
2174 upvotes
I heard someone paid like $50k to get a VIP spot (for making purchase before it's available to the general public), not sure how true but it's insane.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2286 posts
2334 upvotes
Toronto
Housing market is insane. PPL would camp out at the site for weeks to to have a chance for a house. I am interesed in the Observatory Lane in Richmond Hill. I wonder how much the houses will be.
Nov 18, 2015
320 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Smiley22 wrote: Housing market is insane. PPL would camp out at the site for weeks to to have a chance for a house. I am interesed in the Observatory Lane in Richmond Hill. I wonder how much the houses will be.
over 1 mil at least...
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2286 posts
2334 upvotes
Toronto
Even a town home in that area is asking for 1 million.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4768 posts
4985 upvotes
East GTA
Be prepared to camp outside if you really want the home. It's nuts right now, it's like a boxing day sale or something, but in reality they're close to a million bucks.

Unless the builder has a ticket system which is rare to see these days, you may have to camp out.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Jan 16, 2017
575 posts
339 upvotes
Smiley22 wrote: Housing market is insane. PPL would camp out at the site for weeks to to have a chance for a house. I am interesed in the Observatory Lane in Richmond Hill. I wonder how much the houses will be.
whats so good about richmond hill lol
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13007 posts
3088 upvotes
Toronto
reesefitzmaurice wrote: whats so good about richmond hill lol
Chinese people love the restaurants and schools there. And of course, their fellow peers. Also, no high rises so less ghetto people around.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2007
1000 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
I'm waiting for observatory hill too. See you in the lineup lol
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1338 posts
451 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
reesefitzmaurice wrote: whats so good about richmond hill lol
Location, schools, well off demographics, diverse population demographics(English, persians, Chinese,Koreans, Russians etc) and close enough to Toronto via car and transit but not too close

https://www.richmondhill.ca/en/shared-c ... rofile.pdf

It's a lot better managed than other municipalities with good facilities, parks, and council is not run by corrupt politicians like in Vaughan
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13007 posts
3088 upvotes
Toronto
Doubleshot wrote: Lots of high rises in Richmond Hill...20% of all dwellings are condos/apartments in the town

https://www.richmondhill.ca/en/shared-c ... rofile.pdf
Whatever their definition is, it definitely isn't this. You pay the big bucks to avoid seeing people's laundry hanging out the balcony 100 ft in the air.

Just even driving around in Richmond Hill (and all the great new suburbs), as far as I know, these high rises are far and few between. People up there also pay BIG Bucks to avoid this below (try to identify how many things in the picture.. don't be shy)

Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2286 posts
2334 upvotes
Toronto
I think it will be over 2 millions. There is a new developments Bathurst/Major Mac (60 to 70' lot)...Prices FROM 3.4 million!!!