Expired Freebies

How to bypass Google voice country restrictions for free

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2012 6:44 am
Jan 15, 2006
171 posts
69 upvotes

How to bypass Google voice country restrictions for free

Did you try to subscribe to Google Voice but where stuck on a message like this:

Google Voice is not available in your country.
Thanks for visiting Google Voice.
We're not yet open for users outside the US,
but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future.

Steps:
  1. Register for a google voice invitation. Be patient it can take one year to come https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/
    When you receive your Google Voice invitation, process to the next step
  2. Create a free SIP account with Iptel http://serweb.iptel.org/user/reg/index.php
  3. Configure your VOIP router or Softphone to receive calls from the SIP account you created on step one
    Register a free US DID on your Iptel SIP account.
    [INDENT]
    • SIP Phone number: your IPtel user name (ex: Jonh.Smith)
    • SIP Proxy: iptel.org
    [/INDENT]
  4. Test your US DID. If you don't want to pay for long distance call, you can use iCall http://www.icall.com/free-phone-calls/
  5. Download and install a US VPN (HotSpot Shield) http://hotspotshield.com/
  6. Launch Hotspot Shield
  7. Click on your Google Voice invitation (see, no more country restriction message)
  8. Choose your new US phone number
  9. When requested, enter the US phone number you created with IPKall
Have fun
210 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2005
2445 posts
1 upvote
sportmiester wrote:
Jul 6th, 2009 10:43 pm
thanks for posting
+1
现实的社会,毁了我一个做好人的机会。
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3185 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
Now, if only we could get Google to offer those invites a little quicker.
RenegadeX wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2009 1:29 am
[*]They may be small, but they poop too. And they'll poop in your towel.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
4972 posts
231 upvotes
if only google voice will forward call to now a so called 'canadian #' which is international now and calls to canada from google voice is 1c/minute.

I still am holding onto grandcentral account until they force me lol
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / ZenBanx member
Loving the Zoomer Wireless/Cityfone Mobile Service 2 lines $36 Plan w. double promo (Rogers network)
Nov 10, 2006
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Jul 7th, 2009 9:54 am
if only google voice will forward call to now a so called 'canadian #' which is international now and calls to canada from google voice is 1c/minute.

I still am holding onto grandcentral account until they force me lol
Hey there - I had my Grand Central account switched over to GoogleVoice and it works fine forwarding calls to my Canadian numbers. No charge. You may want to check it out.

Good luck,
JT
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
4972 posts
231 upvotes
phantomjt wrote:
Jul 7th, 2009 12:14 pm
Hey there - I had my Grand Central account switched over to GoogleVoice and it works fine forwarding calls to my Canadian numbers. No charge. You may want to check it out.

Good luck,
JT
hey phantomjt - i researched this and found that before you convert, ensure that you have your canadian #'s saved in the 'phones' in settings. But I have read that several users can't call free canadian # because they're being charged .1 cent a minute.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / ZenBanx member
Loving the Zoomer Wireless/Cityfone Mobile Service 2 lines $36 Plan w. double promo (Rogers network)
Aug 19, 2008
462 posts
168 upvotes
supersaiyan wrote:
Jul 8th, 2009 6:17 pm
I got the invitation. That was pretty fast.
How long did it take to receive an invitation? Did you sign up with a gmail email?
Nov 10, 2006
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Jul 7th, 2009 3:23 pm
hey phantomjt - i researched this and found that before you convert, ensure that you have your canadian #'s saved in the 'phones' in settings. But I have read that several users can't call free canadian # because they're being charged .1 cent a minute.
True - I cannot call canadian numbers for free (which is silly)...but we have plenty of family in the US so we have google voice call our CND number to connect the call. You cant beat free US long distance. The quality is amazing. They'll probably open it up to canadian calls within the year or so. They did it with Goog411.

~JT
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1092 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
yin5yan wrote:
Jul 8th, 2009 6:24 pm
How long did it take to receive an invitation? Did you sign up with a gmail email?
I applied yesterday and used hotmail email
× < >