Personal Finance

How can I cancel a walmart rewards mastercard??

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2013 5:00 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 18, 2012
152 posts
19 upvotes
NORTH YORK

How can I cancel a walmart rewards mastercard??

I applied for a walmart mastercard by mistake. I went to Walmart for some shopping, at the cash register, the cashier asked me to apply for the Watmart Card. I didn't realize that it was a credit card. I thought it was a card like the Optimum card in Shoppers Drug Mart. I think I even paid by that mastercard for my grocery today. (about $40)

1) It is better to wait for a card and not to activate the card? or just call and try to cancel it before it arrive?

2) How can I pay for $40 charged by a walmart mastercard? wait for an invoice letter?

I don't know about a credit card and please help me out..
Thanks
5 replies
Nov 21, 2010
569 posts
80 upvotes
Canada
dtsonline wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 2:20 pm
I applied for a walmart mastercard by mistake. I went to Walmart for some shopping, at the cash register, the cashier asked me to apply for the Watmart Card. I didn't realize that it was a credit card. I thought it was a card like the Optimum card in Shoppers Drug Mart. I think I even paid by that mastercard for my grocery today. (about $40)

1) It is better to wait for a card and not to activate the card? or just call and try to cancel it before it arrive?

2) How can I pay for $40 charged by a walmart mastercard? wait for an invoice letter?

I don't know about a credit card and please help me out..
Thanks

Wait for the card. Call the number on the back and and arrange to pay the charge by whatever method is easiest for you or advised to you. After you may payment and it's received on their end, call in again to cancel the card.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2007
1864 posts
306 upvotes
Springfield
How can you pay for groceries with a credit card you don’t have yet? online grocery?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3328 posts
364 upvotes
Richmond
they give you a temp card that you can use it to pay with
Banned
Dec 1, 2011
2427 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
hopsoid wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 4:07 pm
How can you pay for groceries with a credit card you don’t have yet? online grocery?
Walmart offers instant credit in store. You apply at a register, and if approved, you are issued a temporary shopping pass good for shopping at Walmart only. You then receive a card in the mail as usual. HBC, Canadian Tire, Home Depot etc...have been doing this for years! You never heard of instant credit before? :lol:
Can you believe it? They sent my income tax return forms back to me! In response to question # 4, "Do you have any dependants?" I replied - "2.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 million crack heads, 4.4 million unemployable people, 901 thousand people in over 85 prisons, and 650 idiots in Parliament.
Apparently, this was NOT an acceptable answer.

Who the hell did I miss? :razz:
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2007
1864 posts
306 upvotes
Springfield
wayne74 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2013 4:16 pm
Walmart offers instant credit in store. You apply at a register, and if approved, you are issued a temporary shopping pass good for shopping at Walmart only. You then receive a card in the mail as usual. HBC, Canadian Tire, Home Depot etc...have been doing this for years! You never heard of instant credit before? :lol:
I got instant credit from FS, Sears but I was never issued a temp card; just a copy of the form and the bill for what I purchased. I got the actual card in the mail.
× < >