How can I find out in what country appliances (Bosh & other) are made

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 12:40 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
234 posts
154 upvotes

How can I find out in what country appliances (Bosh & other) are made

I need to buy all kitchen and laundry room appliances.
I was planning to buy all kitchen appliances from Bosh. But I want to make sure that they are not made in specific country (not naming it). I checked websites, like BestBuy and they do not list where the appliance is made. Are there websites where I can enter appliance model number and find out where it is made?
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
1956 posts
596 upvotes
Mississauga
Go in store and look at the label of the model you are considering. All my appliances have it listed on the label that contains the serial/model at the door opening.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7536 posts
4112 upvotes
Markham
All Bosch "Ascenta" are made in China. The rest is mostly USA and Germany. Bosch 300, 500, and 800 series are made in North Carolina, USA. While the Benchmark series, their most expensive, is made in Germany (mostly).
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
234 posts
154 upvotes
bubuski wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:14 pm
Go in store and look at the label of the model you are considering. All my appliances have it listed on the label that contains the serial/model at the door opening.
I have not done store shopping in a long time. Most of the things I buy now are just online. Also, I am researching appliances now, so I do not want to waste my time on models that are made in that country.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5435 posts
348 upvotes
Vi20161128 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:43 pm
I have not done store shopping in a long time. Most of the things I buy now are just online. Also, I am researching appliances now, so I do not want to waste my time on models that are made in that country.
Well you better hurry up because the trump steel and aluminum tariff is going to hit sooner than you think.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
234 posts
154 upvotes
I was looking at dishwashers 300, cooktop 500, wall oven/microwave 500-800 level. I assume that 500-800 are mid end, but how about 300 class appliances - where are they going to be made?
Can I assume that 300 class dishwasher will be made in China, but 500-800 in USA/Germany?
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
234 posts
154 upvotes
tomtomtom wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:47 pm
Well you better hurry up because the trump steel and aluminum tariff is going to hit sooner than you think.
But that means that appliances from USA will be more expensive, right? So appliances made in Germany or Mexico will not be more expensive.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3869 posts
632 upvotes
Aurora
Vi20161128 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:43 pm
You're talking about spending thousands of dollars. I wouldn't consider walking into a store, looking at some different models, and asking a few questions a waste of time. But, whatever floats your boat...
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
234 posts
154 upvotes
Toukolou wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:57 pm
You're talking about spending thousands of dollars. I wouldn't consider walking into a store, looking at some different models, and asking a few questions a waste of time. But, whatever floats your boat...
I am considering looking at appliances waste of time - and that is from my experience. About 10years ago I bought top of the line Whirlpool dishwasher for about 1600$ and 4 years later I was so fed up that I disconnected and just put it at the curb. That dishwasher looked very good, specs were good, but the quality was terrible. I can read reviews and find out in 10min more than I spend days at the store. I know that Bosh cooktop will buzz when started or controls are not very sensitive - you cannot find that at the store and no salesman will tell you that.
I am looking for something that works and is more or less reliable.
When I'll finally pick what I want - I might go to the store and check it out, but in many cases I have not even done that.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4863 posts
1610 upvotes
Paris
Vi20161128 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:48 pm
But that means that appliances from USA will be more expensive, right? So appliances made in Germany or Mexico will not be more expensive.
My cousin works at GE. Mexico made stuff may be affected. He said the cost increase for US made stuff will be 10% to the consumer. Staggering numbers on the stuff made in the US.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1226 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
Vi20161128 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:12 pm
I am considering looking at appliances waste of time - and that is from my experience. About 10years ago I bought top of the line Whirlpool dishwasher for about 1600$ and 4 years later I was so fed up that I disconnected and just put it at the curb. That dishwasher looked very good, specs were good, but the quality was terrible. I can read reviews and find out in 10min more than I spend days at the store. I know that Bosh cooktop will buzz when started or controls are not very sensitive - you cannot find that at the store and no salesman will tell you that.
I am looking for something that works and is more or less reliable.
When I'll finally pick what I want - I might go to the store and check it out, but in many cases I have not even done that.
If you can find out that a particular model of cooktop will buzz when started, but are asking on RFD what country it is made in, and consider getting off your couch a waste of time, then lots of luck. Keep rolling those dice and rely on reviews from old men with tinnitus.
Mar 11, 2002
630 posts
92 upvotes
My 36” Bosch induction 500 series I think was Austria or Hungary, my 500 series dishwasher is US, my Benchmark double oven is US.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2016
234 posts
154 upvotes
Started shopping today. I went to 2 different stores, both had very few Bosh appliances on display. I was told that they have space just for top series appliances, not for cheaper ones. In some appliances when you open them I saw there was the place of manufacturing written, but not on all. The salesperson would not know for sure where one or another model was made.

Almost all Bosh dishwashers were made in USA, so I ended up buying Miele - it was made in Germany. Miele had 46db noise rating when Bosh for the same price had 42db noise rating.
Jul 25, 2008
755 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa
My 800 series is made in Germany with a Thermodal door panel.
Very satisfy with the washer after 7 years usage.

Miele is good too...occasionally, reports on electronics control fails.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)