Computers & Electronics

how can i get a basic computer mouse for free?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2012 1:32 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 24, 2011
179 posts
8 upvotes
TORONTO

how can i get a basic computer mouse for free?

i need a 2 buttom usb optical mouse. i cannot afford the money to buy one, how are some ways i can get one for free? i know these are cheap so there must be something out there.
retteas
24 replies
Banned
Dec 24, 2011
179 posts
8 upvotes
TORONTO
i don't have a playstation 2 port on my laptop however if it comes with an usb adapter then it wouldn;t be a problem and i would use it.
retteas
Apr 21, 2009
155 posts
137 upvotes
Search usb mouse on ebay, it is possible to have one for 1 cent with free shipping
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
retteas wrote: i need a 2 buttom usb optical mouse. i cannot afford the money to buy one, how are some ways i can get one for free? i know these are cheap so there must be something out there.
You can afford a laptop, an $80 mechanical keyboard, and a 27" monitor, but you can't afford a $3 mouse?

Obvious troll is obvious.
Apr 21, 2009
155 posts
137 upvotes
retteas wrote: i don't have a playstation 2 port on my laptop however if it comes with an usb adapter then it wouldn;t be a problem and i would use it.
It is a mouse with a PS/2 port, not a mouse for playstation 2. PS/2 ports was for mouse and keyboards before USB ports exist.
Oct 14, 2005
352 posts
34 upvotes
I wish I can figure out a way to get it for me. I mean a basic 2 button mouse is sooo expensive nowadays
:lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2228 posts
2149 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Staples has m305 wireless mouse on clearance for 4.97. Lots of styles. If you dont have 4.97 then I'd say getting a mouse should be somewhere near the bottom of your priority list
Banned
Dec 24, 2011
179 posts
8 upvotes
TORONTO
mroy19 wrote: Search usb mouse on ebay, it is possible to have one for 1 cent with free shipping
nope, those are auctions
JAC wrote: You can afford a laptop, an $80 mechanical keyboard, and a 27" monitor, but you can't afford a $3 mouse?

Obvious troll is obvious.
i returned the laptop
i did not buy the monitor

reports of my wealth are greatly exagerated
rob187 wrote: Staples has m305 wireless mouse on clearance for 4.97. Lots of styles. If you dont have 4.97 then I'd say getting a mouse should be somewhere near the bottom of your priority list
i don't see it on the site, and the mouse is too small for my hands
retteas
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
You can get software that will utilize the certain keys on your keyboard to act like a mouse. Too lazy to google one and if it isn't free, I'm sure you know where to look for it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
Lol you cannot afford $5?
Banned
Jun 2, 2012
53 posts
5 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Check with local office buildings to see if they are disposing of any
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
retteas wrote: i don't see it on the site, and the mouse is too small for my hands
Well guess what? If you want something for free or extremely cheap, you don't get to be picky.
Mar 27, 2012
824 posts
251 upvotes
Ontario
How to get free mouse:
1. Go to the library, university or a public school
2. Walk into computer lab/area
3. ????
4. Profit
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Bruce.W wrote: How to get free mouse:
3. ????
4. Profit
Lol, this man knows how to get free stuff :D
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Bruce.W wrote: How to get free mouse:
3. ????
4. Profit
LOL, actually some schools have the mouse and keyboard cables routed through a thick metal bracket and fed through a kensington lock cable. Mice and keyboards are srs bsns!

OP, if you encounter this situation, you must first buy a set of bolt cutters in the largest size and best quality you can find. It is important to spare no expense if you want to get stuff for free, which is why you should also invest in a new pair of running shoes and a knife - because holding a knife makes you run faster (true story, you can see it in CS) :facepalm:

But seriously, ebay or kijiji. If you truly want free, try a eWaste bin or go into a computer shop or your workplace IT office and just ask if they have a spare mouse.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/