Off Topic Archive

Locked: How can I report a bad ebay seller over 45 days after the transaction?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2010 9:41 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
6413 posts
227 upvotes

How can I report a bad ebay seller over 45 days after the transaction?

I was so naive to trust an ebay seller. He promised to replace the non working unit (after he asked me to send the original back), but I never received it. Everytime I tried to follow up with him, he would talk nice and keep lying to me that he would follow up. Now, I realized that it is over 45 days. He doesn't respond. Neither ebay or paypal can do anything to him. I don't hope to get my money back (he even wasted my postage to send the item back to China), but I definitely want to report him and make sure potential buyers are aware of this liar.

Any suggestions?
Share:
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
1227 posts
26 upvotes
Kingston
rdx wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 11:08 am
I was so naive to trust an ebay seller. He promised to replace the non working unit (after he asked me to send the original back), but I never received it. Everytime I tried to follow up with him, he would talk nice and keep lying to me that he would follow up. Now, I realized that it is over 45 days. He doesn't respond. Neither ebay or paypal can do anything to him. I don't hope to get my money back (he even wasted my postage to send the item back to China), but I definitely want to report him and make sure potential buyers are aware of this liar.

Any suggestions?
Did you use your credit card? If so, have you talked to them about a charge back?
Mar 3, 2008
604 posts
261 upvotes
You usually have around 60 days from the date of purchase to place a charge back. It really depends on the card issuer.
Think much, speak little, write less.
Mar 3, 2008
604 posts
261 upvotes
Actually, I found out through Mastercard that it is 30 days after the date you expected it. But the only way to find out is to call.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
6413 posts
227 upvotes
It is way over 60 days now. That's why I don't expect to get it back. I just want to report this liar.

ebay user account: pnano and email pnano168@gmail.com
Mar 3, 2008
604 posts
261 upvotes
I really don't think that there is anything you can do. You could continue to email him, but then he could just block you. And since he is in China you can't file a complaint with anyone.

I always worry when I buy stuff on ebay that is shipping from China. It has a long way to go and some of the stuff can be counterfeit.

I think you may have to just take it as a learning experience.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2538 posts
73 upvotes
Peterborough
Regardless of how it ultimately turns out for you personally, you should turn him in.

I went through the same thing with a bad seller. He eventually reappeared selling stuff I was interested in using the same pictures from his previous scam. I emailed eBay and told them about my experience with the guy. Never got my money back, but all the auctions he had going (about two dozen and some of them looking to generate some decent bucks) were nuked within a day or so.

Scuttled him and his scam and I keep an eye for him so I can do it again if he ever reappears. Its a public service sort of thing ...
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1678 posts
36 upvotes
what did you guys bought? :confused:

I saw many Kingston 128GB USB stick only like $30 .... makes me really want to buy one.... :o
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
× < >