Investing

How can I tell if a stock is going to continue to do well or if I'm too late?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2013 4:49 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 14, 2013
419 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Love threads like these... essentially asking "How can I determine that I'll make money with zero risk?!"
Mar 19, 2010
918 posts
99 upvotes
Markham
AntonyLingo wrote:
Jun 10th, 2013 10:09 am
Look at Bghallgers and CoachPotato's posts. If they are talking about, you're WAY too late!
LOL.. AIG is out of their leauge. It's only trading in the $45.00 range. These guys are only interested in the triple digit securities like, TESLA, NFLX and GLD. :D
“Benign neglect, bordering on sloth, remains the hallmark of our investment process." —Warren Buffett
Feb 25, 2012
627 posts
178 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
angelok wrote:
Jun 10th, 2013 2:40 pm
LOL.. AIG is out of their leauge. It's only trading in the $45.00 range. These guys are only interested in the triple digit securities like, TESLA, NFLX and GLD. :D
I wonder if coachpotato knows about BRK.A and that it's worth $173,800 per share....

"OMG.... STOCK WENT UP $1,000 TODAY!!! SO EASY TO MAKE MONEY... CHEESY GRIN!!!!"
Feb 4, 2009
364 posts
53 upvotes
I just auto report couchpotatoqb's posts to the mod team, his posts are all troll / joke posts that quick derail the thread. At least bgallagher's posts are genuinely uninformed / express a desire to learn.

OP - if you look at a stock's performance from a min/max perspective (i.e. from its lowest point to its highest point) you will always feel like you're underperforming... but in reality no-one is going to time the market perfectly to capture the full gains. If you look at it from a more realistic point of view and aim for 60-70% of the movement then your actual performance might be more satisfying (i.e. if something has a range of $10-$20 over the past 3 months and you got in at $13.50 and out at $18.00 for $4.50/share its still quite good even though true min/maxing would have yielded a $10/share gain).
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2823 posts
1744 upvotes
Montreal
AntonyLingo wrote:
Jun 10th, 2013 10:09 am
Look at Bghallgers and CoachPotato's posts. If they are talking about, you're WAY too late!
angelok wrote:
Jun 10th, 2013 2:40 pm
I don't own/never have owned TSLA nor NFLX nor GLD. You guys got me confused with someone else (rfdr.. maybe).

virtuman1980 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2013 8:56 am
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote:
Feb 19th, 2013 12:35 am
... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.