Personal Finance

How can a recent graduate start saving for MBA?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2013 10:51 am
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2013
1 posts

How can a recent graduate start saving for MBA?

I just got an offer in the IT side of a bank. I am thinking of doing my MBA in International Business in 2-3 years time and I was just wondering if there are any current MBA students or MBA grads who can give me any advice as to how you saved up money to pay off the high tuition fees?

Just as an fyi I am making 60k at this position (not sure if this helps)
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
May I ask what is your professional background and your undergraduate degree ?
Dec 30, 2012
68 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
consider speaking to some banks for student line of credit - they often have programs for professional students where you only pay prime.

obviously debt is not ideal, but definitely nice to have the option if money is tight.
Sep 21, 2007
331 posts
39 upvotes
Why are people doing MBAs? Is it to be educated or to be able to say you have a MBA. Serious question.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1025 posts
139 upvotes
KINGSTON, Ontario
Fireflies wrote: Why are people doing MBAs? Is it to be educated or to be able to say you have a MBA. Serious question.
MBA candidates at low-end universities want an incremental promotion advantage over their peers in the work place - these low-end programs tend to be taken part-time and sometimes, on-line.

MBA candidates at high-end universities want a multi-step promotion, a career change, or neither but their employer is paying for it.

To try to get the latter benefit from the former school will leave one disappointed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)