Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1985 posts
140 upvotes

How to change router channel DLink??

I've installed a new router but I don't know where to find the setting to change the router channel. It's a DIR-615.

I've logged into my router settings.

If anyone knows where in the settings to direct me that would be great.

Also, what's the best channel to have it on?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
http://192.168.0.1

I think the user name is admin and same thing for password

Best channel are TYPICALLY 1, 6, 11 (you are on 6 already so dont try taht again). Depending on environment there is no way to tell which channel's best. Trial and error - Dlink will tell u the same thing.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
girlstar:

Under Wireless setup, Wireless network settings, you shoudl see the channel box.

If its greyed-out, uncheck the "auto channel scan" box. This shoudl allow you to change yoru channel.
Why are hurricanes named after women? When they come they are wet and wild but when they leave they take your house AND your car.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
Why are hurricanes named after women? When they come they are wet and wild but when they leave they take your house AND your car.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
2905 posts
I believe its a website protocol you have to enter into your browser, have you tried that yet? It comes in the manual..
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11891 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
aimfox wrote:
Jan 8th, 2008 3:07 am
I believe its a website protocol you have to enter into your browser, have you tried that yet? It comes in the manual..
:confused:
Deal with it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1985 posts
140 upvotes
Thanks, I'll check this when I get home. I was searching every thing on that DLINK log in thing for my router but didn't know where it was!
Aug 7, 2011
1 posts
CHILLIWACK
silentio wrote:
Jan 8th, 2008 2:42 am
http://192.168.0.1

I think the user name is admin and same thing for password

Best channel are TYPICALLY 1, 6, 11 (you are on 6 already so dont try that again). Depending on environment there is no way to tell which channel's best. Trial and error - Dlink will tell u the same thing.

so i need to change the channel on my router but when i put in admin and then the password as admin or i tried password and it does not work

how do i find out what the password is?? what do i do now please help thanks

kimm
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
11436 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto
kimmber wrote:
Aug 8th, 2011 2:12 pm
so i need to change the channel on my router but when i put in admin and then the password as admin or i tried password and it does not work

kimm

If the username and password has been changed and you forgot them, do a hard reset which will bring back the defaults. With power on, press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds, release and let router reboot.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5824 posts
517 upvotes
Greely
kimmber wrote:
Aug 8th, 2011 2:12 pm

kimm
Try admin with a blank password
× < >