Automotive

How to check if a car is prerental or not.

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2015 10:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 27, 2014
37 posts
Mississauga, ON

How to check if a car is prerental or not.

I know by law, the car dealer has to state it when they are selling to you, but how can I find prove of that?

I saw lots of car from Quebec, as the seller said the car was one owner and returned after the leasing period. I am worried...
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1403 posts
438 upvotes
Calgary
in car proof it will show if the car was rental. it says at the very end about rental history.

Also i keep on reading the thread title as 'how to check if a car is prenatal' lol.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4298 upvotes
How do you tell a used car salesman is lying?

Their mouth is moving.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
7122 posts
2027 upvotes
Financial District B…
TeddyKang wrote:
May 27th, 2015 2:18 pm
I know by law, the car dealer has to state it when they are selling to you, but how can I find prove of that?

I saw lots of car from Quebec, as the seller said the car was one owner and returned after the leasing period. I am worried...
Retail auto resellers only state what's ever disclosed to them by the person or persons or venue from how they acquired the trade.

The 'lie' usually begins after personal or business ownership trades it in, not. or rarely from the reseller - if the car is tagged a rental then it is.

Rental companies, drivers education companies, taxi services, small business delivery services, even joe blow pizza delivery guy who all have racked up high mileage will and have gone as far as to choose limited disclosure when unloading their used up fleets.

Here's a prime example:
A couple days ago someone here posted a video of their trade(Camry) being appraised by a dealer. Remeber that? 320k on 4 year old car.
First thing that really came to my mind was taxi driver. Maybe for Uber who knows. Didn't want to say it so didn't mention it. But 80,000k a year driving. hmmm
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
1220 posts
1198 upvotes
Toronto, ON
In Ontario, you can purchase a Used Vehicle Information Report that tells you who the previous owners of the vehicle are, if it was registered in this province prior. Is there something like that in Quebec?
_______
Speedkar99 | YouTube