• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2016 1:00 pm
[OP]
Feb 17, 2009
114 posts
10 upvotes

How to check recently sold home prices?

Hey guys,

I posted a while ago looking for a realtor to sell our condo, since we had just purchased a townhome. That was back in mid July, flashforward to now, our condo is still unsold. Our realtor is saying we're priced too high and too close to the main road so it's noisy (with the sliding door closed you can't really hear anything.) The first couple days, there was someone to see it every day, but once that 15% foreign tax hit, it's been pretty dead. My realtor says August is a pretty slow month to begin with, but with the new tax everyone is on the fence waiting it out so we're doing a price reduction in hopes to draw more attention.

I know there was another unit that was the exact same as ours but facing the quiet side that was about $50,000 more than ours, but it seems to have come off MLS now. I'm wondering if there is a place to check to see recently sold prices?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5143 posts
2907 upvotes
Goodwill234 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2016 12:39 am
Hey guys,

I posted a while ago looking for a realtor to sell our condo, since we had just purchased a townhome. That was back in mid July, flashforward to now, our condo is still unsold. Our realtor is saying we're priced too high and too close to the main road so it's noisy (with the sliding door closed you can't really hear anything.) The first couple days, there was someone to see it every day, but once that 15% foreign tax hit, it's been pretty dead. My realtor says August is a pretty slow month to begin with, but with the new tax everyone is on the fence waiting it out so we're doing a price reduction in hopes to draw more attention.

I know there was another unit that was the exact same as ours but facing the quiet side that was about $50,000 more than ours, but it seems to have come off MLS now. I'm wondering if there is a place to check to see recently sold prices?

There is nothing for GVA or Surrey as far as I know

For GTA I've consolidated all the links here: definitive-guide-finding-homes-sold-prices-gta-2032883/

If anyone has something for GVA I can add it to the list.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5143 posts
2907 upvotes
Just re-read your post. You say you have a realtor? He/she should absolutely be providing you with the info you are looking for. That's what they get paid for.
Jul 22, 2015
486 posts
104 upvotes
Ontario
Your Realtor would have access to that info so you should ask him/her for a copy of all the sold homes in your area for the last x months.
Feb 18, 2010
787 posts
269 upvotes
Greely
I would have thought in setting your asking price, your realtor would have sat down with you to show you comparables.

comparables