• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 12:54 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7642 posts
1356 upvotes

How to check scene points?

I received a scene card by opening a scotia account. However, it doesn't seem to be a way to register on scene website to be able to check my points? If I try to register scene actually creates a new card number to be mailed. How do I check an existing scene card now that was sent by scotia? It's not the scotia debit, but an actual scene card with a scene number that was sent by mail by scotia and apparently has some free movies for opening the chequing account
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1942 posts
886 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Messerschmitt wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:00 pm
I received a scene card by opening a scotia account. However, it doesn't seem to be a way to register on scene website to be able to check my points? If I try to register scene actually creates a new card number to be mailed. How do I check an existing scene card now that was sent by scotia? It's not the scotia debit, but an actual scene card with a scene number that was sent by mail by scotia and apparently has some free movies for opening the chequing account
Did you actually go to the website? :) It asks for the card number, and presumably you have that. From there you can do the 'forgot password' option - if you already have an account set up under that card. You may want to try your postal code for the password with no gap, too.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7642 posts
1356 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 3:28 am
Did you actually go to the website? :) It asks for the card number, and presumably you have that. From there you can do the 'forgot password' option - if you already have an account set up under that card. You may want to try your postal code for the password with no gap, too.
When I go to register/join, it does not ask anywhere to put my scene card.

When you said it asks for the card number, you mean assuming somehow my card was already registered? I tried that too with the forgot password, but then it asks for my email and I don't know what email it could be under (assuming it was even registered to start with).

EDIT: OK, you obviously know the system. Yep, it was my postal code. Account exists, I guess they just forward everything to scene with my personal details (which I would've preferred to be slightly off for privacy, but oh wells).

Do you happen to know if I can transfer points between accounts? I actually have another accounts with 2k points I kept accumulating through other means
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1972 posts
1026 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:16 pm

Do you happen to know if I can transfer points between accounts? I actually have another accounts with 2k points I kept accumulating through other means
Your newest card was pre-registered by ScotiaBank, they did so so as to dump the Promotional Bonus Points onto it

Scene only allows for one account per person... Cause of that their website seems to have no info about merging accounts.

I suggest that you contact Scene directly stating exactly WHY you now have 2 accounts, and hopefully they can see the light, and combine them behind the scenes for you (your reason seems extremely valid)

As per the Scene website here is the info you'll need

Need immediate assistance? Get in touch.

1-866-586-2805

Monday - Friday | 8am - 9pm EST
Saturdays | 8am - 5pm EST
No Holiday or Sunday service.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1942 posts
886 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Messerschmitt wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:16 pm
When I go to register/join, it does not ask anywhere to put my scene card.
The card number is your login ID, so it's not so much register/join as it is logging in.
When you said it asks for the card number, you mean assuming somehow my card was already registered?
Yup. The card would be registered in order to accumulate points.
EDIT: OK, you obviously know the system. Yep, it was my postal code. Account exists, I guess they just forward everything to scene with my personal details (which I would've preferred to be slightly off for privacy, but oh wells).
Just luck on my part. Your post prompted me to look up my own points, and because I changed my card number (lost card) I had the wrong info saved in my password manager. I got the post code prompt when I entered the wrong login credentials. :)
I don't think you can transfer scene points between accounts. I've had multiple cards and focused on one until I was able to get a free movie, then I discarded that card what was my primary card, later.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.