Cell Phones

How to check when my rogers contract ends..

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2012 9:14 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 23, 2005
98 posts

How to check when my rogers contract ends..

Hi,

I signed for 3 year rogers cell phone contract and if I remember correctly, it will end very soon. Is there way to check when my contract ends?
I really hate rogers and want to get out soon as possible.
Also, if I don't do anything, will they renew the contract automatically without telling me?

Thank you.
11 replies
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
When you sign an agreement in thestore, they give you a piece of paper, with an important thing written on it, the AGREEMENT LENGTH, whcich tells you the expiration day. If I were you, id treat this paper as something of importantce and not shove it aside with all the other papers I get, and instead, file it away with the important documents and papers you need in life like your mortguage, insurance papers, and passports, etc..

if not, just call up rogers or go to their store, they will tell you this information incase you forgot it.
How do you like dem apples, Bro?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
8984 posts
238 upvotes
aerolim wrote:
Jun 19th, 2009 1:45 pm
Hi,

I signed for 3 year rogers cell phone contract and if I remember correctly, it will end very soon. Is there way to check when my contract ends?
Also, if I don't do anything, will they renew the contract automatically without telling me?

Thank you.
I believe you will just go on a monthly basis. So your plan will automatically extend but only one month at a time.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8852 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
you can call customer service.. they will tell you
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0

|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5307 posts
272 upvotes
The day on the agreement wouldn't be accurate if you change plan, took freebie from Rogers telemarketer or did a HUP (Assuming you didn't)
Nov 20, 2008
264 posts
44 upvotes
If you look at their now online billing pdf (if you signed up for online billing), they now provide you with the date when your plan ends on the last page (or 2nd to last page). I thought that was pretty neat.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
177 upvotes
rems wrote:
Jun 19th, 2009 2:38 pm
I believe you will just go on a monthly basis. So your plan will automatically extend but only one month at a time.
Not exactly. All the contract bonus will be gone once the contract ends.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26834 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
aerolim wrote:
Jun 19th, 2009 1:45 pm
Hi,

Thank you.
1-Call Customer Service and ask?
2-If you got a 3yr credit somehow when you last renewed your contract, it should coincide with your term expiration.

Rogers DO NOT automatically renew your contract. You will go on month-to-month basis.
yaguang wrote:
Jun 20th, 2009 9:12 pm
If you look at their now online billing pdf (if you signed up for online billing), they now provide you with the date when your plan ends on the last page (or 2nd to last page). I thought that was pretty neat.
Really? Neato., I'm going to look for this. Where exactly can I find it under?
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Apr 23, 2006
540 posts
82 upvotes
Sorry to dig up a really old thread, but I was hoping we could get a current answer on this. I just downloaded my bill in PDF format and could not find anything on it that showed my contract is up.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1907 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
i think it is easily to ask them on the phone
i did it recently and they are happy to tell you about the expiry date of the contract
Apr 23, 2006
540 posts
82 upvotes
killer007 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2011 12:42 am
i think it is easily to ask them on the phone
i did it recently and they are happy to tell you about the expiry date of the contract

Yeah I was just hoping there is something quicker/easier than having to call them and sit on hold for who knows how long just to ask that.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26834 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
yaguang wrote:
Jun 20th, 2009 9:12 pm

To be specific, that last block, will only display on your bill when you've made any changes to your account, usually which affect term, but certainly just adding/removing things, as it did for me when I made a small change awhile back. Otherwise, apart from when I did a hup, It's never appeared.

I verified this just now.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
× < >