Computers & Electronics

How to configure my Telus Actiontec modem and Linksys WRT54GL with Tomato firmware?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2011 12:28 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2329 upvotes
Singapore

How to configure my Telus Actiontec modem and Linksys WRT54GL with Tomato firmware?

My ISP, Telus, provides me with an Actiontec modem. I want to use my Linksys WRT54GL with the Tomato firmware in WDS/Repeater mode. I can't seem to be able to configure the Linksys router to repeat the signal of the Actiontec modem.

I followed this guide: http://www.myopenrouter.com/blog/entry/ ... -Firmware/

Yet, it's not working because it doesn't mention anything about entering the credentials of the main network. The Actiontec modem is configured with WPA/WPA2 with a username and password. The guide doesn't mention anything about entering that information nor does there seem to be a way to enter that information in the Tomato firmware. I figure that it cannot repeat the signal if I can't even do that. Also, how do I obtain the MAC address for the Actiontek modem?

For those that are using the Actiontec modem, how do I know which kind of security mode it's using? Under security in the modem, it lumps WPA and WPA2 into one option. I can't pick either one, but this option, which lumps it together. I will need to know because Tomato doesn't lump them together like what the Actiontec modem does.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2329 upvotes
Singapore
It's a very long thread. Where is the information that pertains to my problem?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
Sgt_Strider wrote: It's a very long thread. Where is the information that pertains to my problem?

start reading.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)