Tags:
None
Oct 23, 2001
459 posts
28 upvotes
Hamilton

How to contact Future Shop Head Office?

Hey,
Does anyone know how I can contact Future Shop's head office either by Email or snail mail? I want to send them a complaint letter (even though they probably won't read it) about the terrible service I received from them today at a local store)

Thanks.
52 replies
[OP]
Oct 23, 2001
459 posts
28 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks, I'll use that for the email.
Aug 18, 2002
180 posts
3 upvotes
To contact Future Shop Headquarters:

Best Buy Canada / Future Shop
8800 Glenlyon Parkway,
Burnaby, BC,
V5J 5K3,
Tel.: 604-435 8223
Mon-Fri 9 am to 5:30 pm PST

(ripped off one of their websites)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6667 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
What you do is find out where one of their head offices is and just send a letter titled PRESIDENT or CEO

It will never end up in eithers hands so it will usually end up in human resources or another department that has "people skills" and give you a call
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2002
1923 posts
61 upvotes
Hey,
Does anyone know how I can contact Future Shop's head office either by Email or snail mail? I want to send them a complaint letter (even though they probably won't read it) about the terrible service I received from them today at a local store)

Thanks.
so what was the terrible service you recieved? care to share your story?

have you tried store manager?
Feb 10, 2005
1 posts
Toronto
Here's a good example of of Future Shop's contempt for customers. I sent the following email to their web site yesterday. It is followed by their reply, which reveals that the ironically-named "Customer Care" dept didn't even read my note:

Sir/Madam:

We bought a $600 computer monitor in one of your stores just before Christmas. It stopped working a few weeks later, on the day we were leaving for a holiday. That morning, it just stopped. Nothing had been done to it. It hadn't even been moved. It's a dud. We tried to return it today, a day after we returned, and were told that it is the manufacturers' responsibility and that it could take months to get it repaired or replaced.

In the last ten years, I and my family have spent approximately $75,000 at Future Shop for both business and personal equipment. If this is the way you treat people who have the misfortune to buy lemons from you, you can be assured that we will never buy anything else from you or Best Buy. I will also tell everyone I know how you treat your poor suckers of customers.

I am a marketing communications consultant to a lot of organizations and every last one of them will hear the story of why I think they should avoid doing business with you. I regularly give seminars to dozens of people at a time on marketing communications and I will use your company as a case study on poor customer relations. Thanks for the free material.

I will continue to try to dissuade my clients and friends from going to Future Shop and Best Buy until they say: "Bill, we've already heard that story from you a dozen times!" I'll reply: "Sorry, but you know how angry you get when you feel ripped off? That's how I feel but I won't bother you with my story anymore if you promise not to shop there."

You think you've saved a few bucks by passing off poor products and denying responsibility for them. It will give me great pleasure to research other stores and recommend them to everyone that I remind how stupid Future Shop is, to treat valuable customers like this.

This message is being bcc'd to the first wave of approximately 200 people on my personal listserv. Only the beginning. (Hi folks! If any of you shop elsewhere than Future Shop or Best Buy for electronics and computers, I'm up for recommendations. I'll pass them on to others.
Thanks.)

Best regards.

Bill Reno

THE REPLY

Dear Mr Reno:

Thank you for your email.

We appreciate any feedback that will allow us to improve the service we provide consumers. Please be assured that we are currently re-evaluating all processes and procedures regarding our web site. Also, we are assessing the functionality of our web site to ensure it is more user friendly.

Again, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with improved service in the future.

We would like to thank you for shopping at futureshop.ca. Should you have further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-663-2275 or email websupportcan@futureshop.com.

Sincerely,

Sarah M.
Customer Care
Future Shop
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
it sucks to be you..but did you think about why should they take care of it? its not like they manufactured the monitor, and you leaving on holiday has no bearing or point to this process.

granted it would be nice and a goodwill jesture if they bent their policy and took it back after their return period, but you going on trip is not their problem.
Banned
Oct 18, 2003
478 posts
Mississauga
To Bill Reno,
man... Usually if you didn't buy Futureshop's in store warranty plan... They won't take the broken parts from you after the returning deadline. What you needed to do is to contact the manufacture directly for a RMA.... That's what all other ppl are doing... I am sure that Futureshop probably tried selling you their in store warranty when you were about to make the purchase.
Banned
Sep 10, 2003
2922 posts
Futureshop and BB suck. Well, no I guess BB is slightly better then FS...
Mar 16, 2008
1 posts
Edmonton, Alberta
gilboman wrote:
Feb 11th, 2005 6:08 pm
it sucks to be you..but did you think about why should they take care of it? its not like they manufactured the monitor, and you leaving on holiday has no bearing or point to this process.

granted it would be nice and a goodwill jesture if they bent their policy and took it back after their return period, but you going on trip is not their problem.
I totally agree with what you're saying, having a "good experience" with any retailer is a two way street. If you intend to return or exchange a product it is your responsibility to get it to the store. I admit bad timing sucks but ultimately next time you should think ahead a little more. If your leaving the country don't make major purchases immediately before. Its just common sense.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
Save a stamp and an envelope.. write your letter, drop it in the toilet. Shat on it and flush it down. Same result.

But if you're serious about wasting your time on this, do you think the info you're looking for might be on their website where it says "Contact us"? :confused:
http://www.futureshop.ca/informationcen ... actus.asp?

Without common sense like that, you wont have a chance promoting your case to them.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
May 17, 2006
453 posts
88 upvotes
OK guys - here's the ultimate FS PM story... and I've had a few lately. But this one showcases the worst FS I've dealt with - and I will be calling their head office about it because this goes above and beyond ridiculous.

The Mississauga FS at Winston Churchill and Argentia have been working overtime trying to figure out ways to get around their PM guarantee.
A couple of weeks ago when BB and FS were still PM'ing EB, I pm'd some games at this store on a Friday afternoon. But the manager tried to get out of it, straight out lying by saying he called the mgr of the EBgames right across the road and HE claimed that you could only buy 1 game on sale at a time (they had about 10 different titles at 9.89). I told him he must mean one COPY of each game and he said "Nope, you can only buy 1 game from the store at a time". I should say, he told his CSR to tell me that since he was unwilling to come out and tell me himself (his name is Carlos). I called the Ebgames on my cell phone, on speaker, and asked the manager if that's what he said. He laughed his head off and said "Of course not... buy as many games as you want - that's why we have the sale!" The CSR told the manager what happened and he grudgingly did the PM. The following Monday, EB changed the games they had on sale and so I went to PM again. This time Carlos came out and actually whispered to the CSR, right in front of me, to pretend to put it through but stall the transaction. Ten mins later he comes out again and says that he called an EBgames that confirmed the sale is for a limited time and they won't offer limited time sales. I tried to explain that EVERY sale is a "Limited time" - that's why it's a SALE and not regular price - but he was unwilling to bend and made it clear he wouldn't PM Ebgames any more.
Now I went in today to PM 4 games from BBV. I went to the closest BBV down the street and even snapped pics with the camera phone of the 9.99 and 4.99 games. When I went to the CSR desk at FS, the CSR started to help me until some different manager (Nila) looked at something on the wall (I think they actually have my pic up or something) and came racing out to ask if I was PM'ing EB. I said "Nope, Blockbuster Video and they've dropped their prices on a ton of their games - they're not on sale and it's not limited quantities - AND I have photos." Then she starts asking if I'm a reseller or have my own discount store. I told her "Nope - just a guy with 3 kids, a PS3, 360, Wii, 3 Nintendo DS' and a PSP and an eye for a legitimate deal. She tells me they "reserve the right" (she used that phrase A LOT) to call the store to check the price and stock. I completely agreed and even offered the phone number but she said they could decide which store. She gives the CSR some phone numbers and then tells her to call in the back.
So here comes the best part of how crazy FS is getting....
1) The CSR comes out, telling me the store she called didn't have stock so the mgr says they don't have to PM (like I didn't know the mgr told her to keep calling stores until she found one that didn't have stock). I called the mgr over and told her the store right down the street had stock, I had snapped a photo of it just 10 mins earlier. She says they aren't about to call a ton of stores to confirm stock. I insisted that she call the store CLOSEST to them and she finally agreed. The csr goes off to call and of course comes back to report that they do have stock and the price IS 4.99.
2) At that point the manager says they "reserve the right" to check stock in person. I was only slightly fazed by that and told her no problem... drive on down and I'll wait.... I've got an Ipod and I know how to use it. LOL
She says that she can't leave right away so they'll call me in a few hours.... ARE YOU KIDDING? Ok... fine.... I'll play the game. I tell her go ahead, I'll be back by 5:00. She tells me to wait until she calls. With a good sized crowd around I let her know that she's going to an incredible amount of effort to avoid honouring the guarantee that they proudly post on an 8 foot sign throughout the store. She gives me the "reserves the right" story again.
I've got her business card, WILL be calling the head office, but will also be going back at 5:00 to pick up my pm'ed games. But I'm in awe that this mgr would go so out of her way as to drive down the road to another store just to try to find a way around their own guarantee.....

UNBELIEVABLE.. BUT TRUE!
Sep 6, 2004
510 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Bill Reno wrote:
Feb 11th, 2005 5:26 pm
Here's a good example of of Future Shop's contempt for customers. I sent the following email to their web site yesterday. It is followed by their reply, which reveals that the ironically-named "Customer Care" dept didn't even read my note:

Sir/Madam:

We bought a $600 computer monitor in one of your stores just before Christmas. It stopped working a few weeks later, on the day we were leaving for a holiday. That morning, it just stopped. Nothing had been done to it. It hadn't even been moved. It's a dud. We tried to return it today, a day after we returned, and were told that it is the manufacturers' responsibility and that it could take months to get it repaired or replaced.

In the last ten years, I and my family have spent approximately $75,000 at Future Shop for both business and personal equipment. If this is the way you treat people who have the misfortune to buy lemons from you, you can be assured that we will never buy anything else from you or Best Buy. I will also tell everyone I know how you treat your poor suckers of customers.

I am a marketing communications consultant to a lot of organizations and every last one of them will hear the story of why I think they should avoid doing business with you. I regularly give seminars to dozens of people at a time on marketing communications and I will use your company as a case study on poor customer relations. Thanks for the free material.

I will continue to try to dissuade my clients and friends from going to Future Shop and Best Buy until they say: "Bill, we've already heard that story from you a dozen times!" I'll reply: "Sorry, but you know how angry you get when you feel ripped off? That's how I feel but I won't bother you with my story anymore if you promise not to shop there."

You think you've saved a few bucks by passing off poor products and denying responsibility for them. It will give me great pleasure to research other stores and recommend them to everyone that I remind how stupid Future Shop is, to treat valuable customers like this.

This message is being bcc'd to the first wave of approximately 200 people on my personal listserv. Only the beginning. (Hi folks! If any of you shop elsewhere than Future Shop or Best Buy for electronics and computers, I'm up for recommendations. I'll pass them on to others.
Thanks.)

Best regards.

Bill Reno

THE REPLY

Dear Mr Reno:

We appreciate any feedback that will allow us to improve the service we provide consumers. Please be assured that we are currently re-evaluating all processes and procedures regarding our web site. Also, we are assessing the functionality of our web site to ensure it is more user friendly.

Again, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with improved service in the future.

We would like to thank you for shopping at futureshop.ca. Should you have further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-663-2275 or email websupportcan@futureshop.com.

Sincerely,

Sarah M.
Customer Care
Future Shop

Wow you sure got a lot of anger in you. Theoretically, after the return / exchange policy has passed, isn't it the responsibility of the manufacterer to fix the problem for you? If so, then i'm not sure why you're so angry at Futureshop since they were just following their policy. Anyways I'm sure after you tell literally everyone you meet in life about the problem you had at Futureshop, the people you deal with will just think you're crazy.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22714 posts
873 upvotes
Markham, ON
Bill Reno wrote:
Feb 11th, 2005 5:26 pm

Sir/Madam:

Thanks.)

Best regards.

Bill Reno

THE REPLY

Dear Mr Reno:

Sincerely,

Sarah M.
Customer Care
Future Shop
....i stopped at "I will also tell everyone I know how you treat your poor suckers of customers."....

they probably did too :o
× < >