How to cook Delissio frozen pizza?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2012 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 20, 2008
1 posts
Milwaukee
I use a grill pan crank the heat put thin crust frozen pizza in wait 30-45 secs and then pour in a 1/4 cup of spring/filtered water and cover with a clear lid.
let the water steam the top till it is gone and add another 1/4 cup of water.
let that steam away and cook till grill marks are present.
I then broil the top to golden perfection in a toaster oven.
It makes for a fluffy dumpling type crust...YUMMY
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8452 posts
7 upvotes
wow.....how do some people survive...
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
2321 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
old thread but the best result in my experience comes by:

1) place it directly on the rack, not on a baking sheet.

2) bake on convection mode if your oven has the option ... that will come with a reduction in temperature (being convection), about ~40 degrees but can vary by your oven model.

also if done on convection, it will take less time. you will probably want to remove it by 20 mins or less.

these pizzas also do well with some additional toppings thrown on....try throwing on some of your own cheese/meat/etc....the result can be pretty good for a frozen pizza. keep in mind with too many additions, you may be approaching the cost of a 'store prepared' pizza ;)
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13264 posts
227 upvotes
Midland
I bake the pizza at about 375 for about 25 minutes. Heat the oven first for about 5 minutes though. I find it comes out better if cooked at a lower temperature than it says on the box.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13264 posts
227 upvotes
Midland
KelvinK wrote:
Jul 10th, 2008 7:14 am
so do you guys cook it WITH the cardboard or without
I throw away the pizza and just cook the cardboard. Really tasty and more nutritious than the pizza. :cheesygri

I think it's pretty obvious that you would not put cardboard in the oven.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
May 14, 2003
390 posts
7 upvotes
I like cooking mine for the time it says on the box, however when there is about 5 minutes of cook time left, I take it out and cut the pizza into 4 big slices then let it cook for the last 5 min.. I find this helps crisp it up a bit, no soggy bottom. Some people like it softer though...
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=20573

Geeked Out Since Cub Scouts
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4196 posts
331 upvotes
Delissio is a pretty quality pizza for the price.
Also really like the Costco pizza. I don't know if it's their dough, or sauce, but I can't stop eating it. Unfortunately I ruined the last one, did it on the bbq, left it on a few minutes too long and the bottom was pure black. Had to go to Little Caesars and grab a couple of theirs for $5, which wasn't too bad either.
Apr 4, 2012
3 posts
BURNABY
I have a serious question guys .. should i put the cardboard underneath or i just throw it away .. before i put the pizza in ?? :facepalm: thanks
Mar 18, 2011
303 posts
16 upvotes
Brampton
Throw away the cardboard and follow the instructions seen on the box.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3391 posts
385 upvotes
Aurora
Vanessa14 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2012 2:02 pm
I have a serious question guys .. should i put the cardboard underneath or i just throw it away .. before i put the pizza in ?? :facepalm: thanks

See post 13.
That's the end of my rant.
Jun 4, 2010
81 posts
2 upvotes
Vanessa14 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2012 2:02 pm

Don't leave the cardboard underneath, LOL! I did that one time by accident and the bottom of the crust didn't cook. :facepalm:
Gamertag: Puppet Doctor
PSN: ChocoDK
Apr 4, 2012
3 posts
BURNABY
Toukolou wrote:
Apr 5th, 2012 10:25 pm
See post 13.

thank you .. when i posted , i didn't read the 2nd and the 3rd page ... but then , after that i saw it ;)

this is the reason why i left the cardboard under the pizza .. at one time , i put the pizza in the oven , without tray nor cardboard .. when the heat was on , the cheese melted , and it was kind of dripping down between the rack .. leaving a big mess

so on the second time , i tried to leave the cardboard .. and the third time , i tried the tray .. so far , my pizza is not that good

oh well , maybe next time , i just called Pizza Hut as some of you guys suggested :confused:
Apr 4, 2012
3 posts
BURNABY
PuppetDoctor wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 12:43 am
Don't leave the cardboard underneath, LOL! I did that one time by accident and the bottom of the crust didn't cook. :facepalm:

this is exactly what i got .. but if you don't leave anything underneath , would the cheese melt and make a big mess ?? :?:
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
Vanessa14 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 4:00 am
this is exactly what i got .. but if you don't leave anything underneath , would the cheese melt and make a big mess ?? :?:

No and I'm starting to think you're a troll.. The cheese won't overflow. It melts and stays wherever It's placed.

I don't know If It's just me but the one I made didn't taste that good.. I mean It was edible but not yummy, I probably cooked It wrong as It was soggy but definitely cooked.. I think? Lol.
Mar 18, 2011
303 posts
16 upvotes
Brampton
^ The only one you've ever made or one of many?

I don't know why, but I prefer mine pretty overcooked, coated in Parmesan. But now I'm a McCain fan anyway and haven't had a Delissio Pizza in a while.
× < >