• Jan 24th, 2009 11:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3908 posts
124 upvotes

How to copy from Rogers HD PVR to digital media

Just wondering if its possible to download & burn a recorded program from Rogers Hd PVR to a DVD burner or to a USB stick??
I know theres an option to record on a VCR but how about a digital media?
Anyone tried this??
Thx ;)
11 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3908 posts
124 upvotes
trini wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2009 10:02 am
Amazing no one willing to give you some form of help.
I was wondering about this as well.
Yeah... I guess everyone is just looking for "DEALS" here on RFD these days.... no one wants to help anymore
:(
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10444 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
If anyone does, I'd love to know - cancelled my cable as of February 2nd, so I have 580GB of shows I'd love to get off my PVR, before they take it and my eSATA drive becomes useless!
- Absolute
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15072 posts
741 upvotes
Woodbridge
I think they (all) want you to SEARCH. LOL

I saw a thread on this here and over at Digital Home. I attempted it but had no luck, you can only use External HDD with eSATA if IIRC.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 1, 2007
740 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I was looking into this before and I read somewhere that you could use a tuner and output the videos through the tuner on your computer and record it...not sure how it works though...
Rig 1: Coolermaster CM690, X3 720BE unlocked@3.6Ghz, Prolimatech Megahalem, Asus M3A79-T, 2 x 2Gb Mushkin Ascent 1066, TX750W, Intel X25-M 80gb, 2x WD Black 1TB -- Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7740 posts
147 upvotes
the info saved on the PVR is encripted. the only why you can back up the info is to use the copy to vcr option.
Dec 3, 2008
41 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Don't know about Rogers. But with Shaw, they output everything you see on screen to the firewire port so that you can record on your computer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3908 posts
124 upvotes
aloefresh wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2009 7:40 pm
Don't know about Rogers. But with Shaw, they output everything you see on screen to the firewire port so that you can record on your computer.
That option is not available with Rogers PVR.
I think the best bet would be to hook up a DVD recorder (another expense) to the Video2 out & use the "record to VCR" function. So, its not gonna be a HD or even a good digital copy for that matter coz the "record to VCR" function is analog. Won't be a good quality.
:(
× < >