• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2018 5:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2304 posts
984 upvotes

How to destroy your baseball career in less than one minute

Former Houston Astros prospect Danry Vasquez captured on video assaulting his girlfriend in a stairwell in 2016. The case was dismissed by prosecutors after he paid a fine and took classes.

He was released by the Astros in 2016, because of it. When the video surfaced only a few days ago, he was also released from the independent league he was attempting to get into. Good on MLB for swiftly dealing with him, since criminal charges did not stick. Not having $ will hurt him more than going to jail, I think.
Last edited by Micelli_Illuminatti on Mar 15th, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2198 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with the sentiment of OP.
I strongly disagree with posting this video of a man beating a woman.

This is where I would be onside with MSM, who would never play such a clip on TV.

Not only did this poor woman have to experience this beating, but now she gets to relive it for the amusement of people on the net.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2304 posts
984 upvotes
shikotee wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 11:24 am
I strongly disagree with posting this video of a man beating a woman.

Not only did this poor woman have to experience this beating, but now she gets to relive it for the amusement of people on the net.
Good point, shikotee. Out of respect for the victim, I have removed the video from my prior post. I don't think anyone would find the video amusing; I certainly didn't, as I thought about the women in my life. I wanted to show the video, to shame Vasquez, so that any potential "new woman" in his life can see what he's capable of.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8024 posts
413 upvotes
Good for MLB/Astros to get rid of the idiot.

EDIT: maybe out of fear... though so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Seems she did leave, good for her.

https://www.caller.com/story/news/2018/ ... 430057002/

Gonna go on the assumption his current wife gets the 'beats' as well... dude has no remorse in some interviews... how it could "cost his career"... like who cares, show some remorse for the victim.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12154 posts
2612 upvotes
RFD
I hope this mofo never ever gets another shot at any pro baseball league. Hope everyone sees this and not take any chance hiring this mofo.

I felt sorry for the victim, I know it's easy to judge, but I was feeling sorry for her, asking myself why is she not running away or fighting back, picking up her glasses and putting it back on like nothing happened, she could have ran when he went back up the stairs and told her to wait or something. Hope she finds real love and know she is worth more than she believes and that what he did is never right.
Mar 19, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
sleepyguy wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 9:00 am
dude has no remorse in some interviews... how it could "cost his career"... like who cares, show some remorse for the victim.
This. Can only hope karma catches up to these people.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5040 posts
985 upvotes
Thornhill
Sad to see him free and not in jail. I have no respect for these so called "men" who beat their women. Weak, weak individuals!
Sep 6, 2015
41 posts
8 upvotes
If that guy had the talent to be in the league he would be in the MLB right now.
Jose Reyes beat his wife and still plays for the New York Mets.

Manny Ramirez was charged for domestic violence in 2011 and it did not derail his career.
Jose Canseco twice while playing.
Darryl Strawberry twice while playing.

https://www.ranker.com/list/athletes-ch ... gle.com%2F

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was charged with domestic assault in 2010 and still went on to make hundreds of millions of dollars more.
Jason Kidd in 2004 and he played basketball until 2014 and still landed a head coaching job in the NBA.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11176 posts
1828 upvotes
EyeGasm wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 2:11 pm
If that guy had the talent to be in the league he would be in the MLB right now.
Jose Reyes beat his wife and still plays for the New York Mets.

Manny Ramirez was charged for domestic violence in 2011 and it did not derail his career.
Jose Canseco twice while playing.
Darryl Strawberry twice while playing.

https://www.ranker.com/list/athletes-ch ... gle.com%2F

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was charged with domestic assault in 2010 and still went on to make hundreds of millions of dollars more.
Jason Kidd in 2004 and he played basketball until 2014 and still landed a head coaching job in the NBA.
I agree. Pretty easy to indefinitely suspend a one time prospect who fizzled out in single A and double A ball. That guy probably would have never played again regardless of the suspension. Now let's see MLB kick out a player in the majors.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2198 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 4:58 pm
I agree. Pretty easy to indefinitely suspend a one time prospect who fizzled out in single A and double A ball. That guy probably would have never played again regardless of the suspension. Now let's see MLB kick out a player in the majors.
Well - this one is a bit of a toss up.
It really is a combination of talent and confidence, isn't it?
I think like OP stated, the video played a large part in destroying his career.
I imagine he has gotten much, or at least some booing from fans while playing, never mind what people are saying online. I would guess it could impact him as a player.
Hard to say how things would have played out had this not gone public.
In any case - hope it haunts him for the rest of his life.

I'm fairly certain that if there was a video of Lebron doing this, his career would be over.
If it was word of mouth, you certainly would have many that would cling to believing he was set-up.
No offense to Lebron - just using a big name as an example.