Shopping Discussion

How to dispute Bloomex's crappy flowers?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2011 10:59 am
[OP]
Apr 25, 2004
46 posts

How to dispute Bloomex's crappy flowers?

Ok, so I ordered $100 worth of flowers for Valentines day for my wife from Bloomex.ca. I've actually been using them for a while for gift baskets for clients, but this is the first time I'm seeing the results of a delivery. Unfortunately, instead of receiving the $100 worth of flowers, I received this: http://yfrog.com/h05r33j (max value: $10 from a grocery store).

Steps I've taken:
  1. Dispute with Bloomex: They wouldn't listen to my concerns or offer a refund.
  2. Dispute with TD Visa: It took me two phone calls and over 70 minutes of being on hold before I even got to speak to someone. After I did, the agent told me I had little chance of being refunded since they did deliver something (even though it wasn't what I ordered). I might also be hit with a $10 dispute charge if Bloomex shows any proof of a delivery (which they will).
Turns out on Facebook, there are 4 separate groups who are also anti-Bloomex, but didn't see any results on RFD. Thoughts on how to get my money back? Am I missing a way to position this to TD Visa such that it's clear that Bloomex didn't fulfill their end of the bargain?
Farhan
Farhan
unhub.com/fnthawar
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6072 posts
746 upvotes
Greely
So what did you order? Did you choose from a photo of something? Did they tell you exactly what you were getting for your $100? Or did you just say "I'd like a bouquet worth $100?"

While I can appreciate your position that what was delivered may not be what you'd pay $100 for at Loblaws/Costco/anywhere, we need something to measure against.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
Did the vase come with the flowers? I wouldn't exactly call them crappy and they are definitely worth more than $10, whether they are what you ordered is hard to say as you haven't told us anything about what you ordered.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
steve-0101 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2011 9:48 pm
So what did you order? Did you choose from a photo of something? Did they tell you exactly what you were getting for your $100? Or did you just say "I'd like a bouquet worth $100?"

+1

If OP ordered something specific and advertised, then there are grounds. Unfortunately, if it was just a general request or the "Valentines Special" or something like that, there aren't really any grounds for action.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2694 posts
612 upvotes
Ottawa
Just remember than what they may CLAIM to be $100 value may be based on THEIR pricing, and not fair/standard real world pricing.
[OP]
Apr 25, 2004
46 posts
Thanks for all the info above guys. My admin made the order and I'll have to check back to see if she said: "$100 worth of flowers" or if she picked an item from a list.

Good to see the RFD list too (not sure why I couldn't find it before).

Will report back with what happens. Apparently Marketplace did a story on them too: http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2010/04/09 ... oomex.html

Farhan
Farhan
unhub.com/fnthawar
Apr 23, 2009
901 posts
86 upvotes
fnthawar wrote:
Mar 14th, 2011 9:41 pm
Ok, so I ordered $100 worth of flowers for Valentines day for my wife from Bloomex.ca. I've actually been using them for a while for gift baskets for clients, but this is the first time I'm seeing the results of a delivery. Unfortunately, instead of receiving the $100 worth of flowers, I received this: http://yfrog.com/h05r33j (max value: $10 from a grocery store).

Steps I've taken:
  1. Dispute with Bloomex: They wouldn't listen to my concerns or offer a refund.
  2. Dispute with TD Visa: It took me two phone calls and over 70 minutes of being on hold before I even got to speak to someone. After I did, the agent told me I had little chance of being refunded since they did deliver something (even though it wasn't what I ordered). I might also be hit with a $10 dispute charge if Bloomex shows any proof of a delivery (which they will).
Turns out on Facebook, there are 4 separate groups who are also anti-Bloomex, but didn't see any results on RFD. Thoughts on how to get my money back? Am I missing a way to position this to TD Visa such that it's clear that Bloomex didn't fulfill their end of the bargain?
Farhan

Did you google Bloomex befoer ordering at all? I thought the RFD complaint thread was within the top 3 search results for Bloomex...maybe even first overall.

I've read a lot about them and all the horror stories. Ellen Roseman has a full comments section of complaints when she did her column on them.

The company has written so many policies that take away there responsibility in case something goes wrong. If they're out of stock, they will replace whatever they want with equal value. Although, they can apparently switch out teddy bears/chocolate for extra (usually dead) flowers. Also, if you get a delivery of dead flowers, you have to take pictures and start a dispute with them, but you will have to pay some fees to for them to come and get the dead flowers from you.

I think they also put in a policy so that chargebacks can't be made.

Tough luck on getting screwed by Bloomex, but now you know. For future reference, search for a local dealer wherever you're delivering to, call them up and order from them. You will get much better quality product and service.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5152 posts
1206 upvotes
Kanata
Honestly, it looks right to me, especially on Valentines day where everything is inflated. That might've cost $40 on a normal day.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Feb 8, 2007
18 posts
1 upvote
Try their email address (the wecare@... one)

I ordered a bouquet from them on valentine's day of this year (big mistake, i should've check rfd first), and there were a lot of problems with the order.
1) some roses were missing
2) the lilies were half-dead
3) the "card" was just badly printed...

what i did was i took a picture of the flowers, and send an email to that customer service email, and "to my surprise", someone actually called me back and offered to send a new bouquet, and they actually sent a new batch without any additional charges the next day.

The flowers are much nicer the second time around, BUT, roses are still missing from the order... so i decided to send them another email to complain.

This time they DID NOT call back, but TO MY SURPRISES again, they send my girlfriend a new bouquet a couple of days later (the quality of the flowers are similar to the first one).

Anyway, don't expect to get your money back, but you might get another deliver or two to make up for your lost.

I am not ordering from them again for sure though, lesson learned.