Entrepreneurship & Small Business

How do I get out of my debit machine lease with First Data?

Nov 2, 2018
1 posts
gamechanger wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 8:50 pm
If you stop / reverse payment before the 1st full payment goes through, the leasing company will charge the lease back to First Data
Is this true? We were also mislead by the agent who said we had 30 days to cancel without penalty. We got the machine on Oct 31 2018 and called to cancel it the same day but they didn't let us do it. We haven't used the machine yet and we aren't going to use it.
Feb 18, 2014
224 posts
40 upvotes
Itsrena wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 10:50 am
Is this true? We were also mislead by the agent who said we had 30 days to cancel without penalty. We got the machine on Oct 31 2018 and called to cancel it the same day but they didn't let us do it. We haven't used the machine yet and we aren't going to use it.
They lied to you. If you don’t make that 1st payment, the lease gets charged back and they don’t make their money. Never buy / lease a terminal. You are always better off renting. If you’d like assistance with this, PM me.
Nov 29, 2018
1 posts
Please help!!!
Two guy from firstdata came to my business and try to convince me with the merchant. At that time i really need it and i sign to contract with him without knowing this is non cancel contract.
Now i close my business because i sold my business and trying to contact with two guy by email and phone to get help. They do not answer my question and trying tell me to call leasing global firstdata to get my answer. I try to call them and they email me and told me continue pay monthly is 110$ or full payment. If i make a payment because the contract i only pay for one terminal but they tell i have to pay for 2 terminals because the second one the guy he brought to my business he lied me as he told me it just for using free without payment charge. What a stupid!! I make a payment monthly but i felt like i was be cheat by them. What a memorize lession!! Please help
Jan 16, 2019
1 posts
Help needed
I was told we could try 30 days in new terminals and not knowing signing a 60 months term lease with two new terminals while we still have two old terminals with First Data Global Leasing
We have no ways to get out of the leasing
Feb 5, 2019
1 posts
Can you give me some suggestions on getting out of this lease please

Thanks
Sara
Feb 19, 2019
1 posts
Can someone please help me I got duped into the same thing with first data and clover under the guas of them being rentals and after 4 years no more rental fees and being able to cancel at any point if I didnt like the service I was with moneris and didnt even use the machines for a week with these guys and kept my moneris stuff. I have 11 machines. Please please help now I do have text messages and voice recording of alot of my conversations and emails.
There was alot that they lied about to get me into it, said I would save 5000 a year and that everything would be the same as moneris but there is nothing the same absolutely nothing.
Jul 2, 2019
1 posts
I'm cancelling them after more then a week with no service and all we got when we called is " sorry we are trying our best to fix the outage" so far our machines have worked 1/3 of the time. That doesn't cut it when people have drinks bottles of wine expensive food.. then can't pay. And they are tourists. .. .. that is why I'm switching .
Jul 2, 2019
1 posts
Hi,

So i was plagued with this company a while ago. Now my business went under and when i was closing all accounts i was involved in, i discovered that i owed them 6k for equipment rentals. There is no way i am going to pay that. So i will offer myself a sacrifice for all of you in this thread. I have stopped paying them in january 2019, and stopped answering their phones. I have also blocked their number. So occasionally i will find a voice message from them saying. Hello your account has issues and nothing too threatening. I will update this comment as i progress with this experiment. I rather my credit file gets hit than to pay these idiots one cent. My credit is in excellent condition, i have all the cards, car loan and credit lines i need. And no plans to buy a house in the near future. I will keep you posted.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18917 posts
2226 upvotes
Niagara Falls
tantoun wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2019 11:07 am
Hi,

So i was plagued with this company a while ago. Now my business went under and when i was closing all accounts i was involved in, i discovered that i owed them 6k for equipment rentals. There is no way i am going to pay that. So i will offer myself a sacrifice for all of you in this thread. I have stopped paying them in january 2019, and stopped answering their phones. I have also blocked their number. So occasionally i will find a voice message from them saying. Hello your account has issues and nothing too threatening. I will update this comment as i progress with this experiment. I rather my credit file gets hit than to pay these idiots one cent. My credit is in excellent condition, i have all the cards, car loan and credit lines i need. And no plans to buy a house in the near future. I will keep you posted.
haha, sounds good. Look forward to the updates. I'd love to see some regulations on how much they can charge to get out of a contract. 6K is astronomical. I'm just using square for a side business I have running for my dad now. I know their rates are higher but the volume is so low it doesn't matter and I don't have to worry about this kind of crap.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9746 posts
6136 upvotes
Edmonton
tantoun wrote:
Hi,

They're the "idiots", but you're the one that signed the contract obligating you to years of equipment rentals? I hope for your sake it works out, but I'm not sure they're the ones that need to learn a lesson from this situation.

C
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
3875 posts
1216 upvotes
markham
tantoun wrote:
Hi,

if you do not pay them anything..they have 2 years from last payment due date of payment to file SCC for a judgement against you..after that , statutes of limitations runs out...I went through the same as you with 2 creditors tears ago..1 went to SCC days before time ran out and got judgement (I settled on 40 cents on the dollar) ..the other that didn't file..got nothing from me..that was about 6 years ago...my credit now is fine...and throughout the process, I still had 4 other credit cards and loans..
Aug 15, 2019
1 posts
Can you contact me giving me info on getting out of a lease with first data as well please
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14317 posts
4182 upvotes
Here 'n There
bzizzler wrote:
Jul 18th, 2011 6:11 pm
Hi friends - I got duped in to going with one of these companies promising cheap processing rates. Now i've cancelled with them, but still locked in to a five yr lease with first data for the terminal.
Did they force you to sign by holding your hand and moving the pen?