How do i know if i qualify for osap?
- He lives with his parents.
- He has his own car (probably worth around $3000)
- His insurance is $435/month
- Hes been on/off work, now he's working full-time again. Most of his pay goes to the insurance and his two credit cards.
- His dad's income is kinda high probably around 60-80k
- His mom's income is around 20-30k
- His younger sister is going back home to study, shes leaving Canada in 2 months. So hes the only one left.
- His parents are gonna pay for his sister's education (tuition + living cost + books + allowance)
If he apply as an independent, they don't need his parent's income right? Are they gonna ask if he still lives with his parents? What if he says he moved out, does he need proof for that?
He really wants to go back to school, he's tired of working low paying jobs. I really can't help him right now coz I just graduated from college. And he doesn't want to ask his parents for help coz he knows they are also helping his older sister back home (she has two kids and studying medicine/doctor).
*sorry if i'm in the wrong forum.. i don't know where to ask