Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14338 posts
1292 upvotes
Oshawa

How do I list all forum members?

You used to be able to list all forum members, and sort by name or date joined. I haven't done this in some time, but now I can't find it. Since Michael Ogden seems to be trolling in our forums, I want to keep an eye our for new new accounts.

Thanks.
13 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Damn, that's not the most user-friendly list, is it?
Administrator
Sep 26, 2010
391 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
JAC wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 9:07 am
You used to be able to list all forum members, and sort by name or date joined. I haven't done this in some time, but now I can't find it. Since Michael Ogden seems to be trolling in our forums, I want to keep an eye our for new new accounts.

Thanks.
We disabled the built-in forums user list due to how utterly horrible it was (thanks, vBulletin!). Whenever googlebot tried to index it the site would crash. The closest we have to a replacement is here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/users/ but it only sorts by username.

My best advice would be to just report the trollers, though. The mods and/or Oranr will handle them.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2678 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
tylerversion2 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 11:53 am
We disabled the built-in forums user list due to how utterly horrible it was (thanks, vBulletin!). Whenever googlebot tried to index it the site would crash. The closest we have to a replacement is here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/users/ but it only sorts by username.

My best advice would be to just report the trollers, though. The mods and/or Oranr will handle them.
where would be the best place to report a troller?
i have reported [someone] a few times and she is still here

also, if a male pretends to be a female, is that considered a troller?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2850 posts
427 upvotes
tylerversion2 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 4:53 pm
Whenever googlebot tried to index it the site would crash.
So, there's an easy solution
tylerversion2 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 4:53 pm
We disabled the built-in forums user list due to how utterly horrible it was (thanks, vBulletin!).
Not that.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2678 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
RenegadeX wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 4:20 pm
So, there's an easy solution
Not that.
what is the easy solution?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2850 posts
427 upvotes
^ That.
And the lack of using it is the reason that almost 6 months after I'd suggested and confirmed the reason why so many of us were complaining "I'm stuck in mobile view" ([post=15154234]see here and subsequent posts in the thread[/post]), it's still an ongoing issue.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14338 posts
1292 upvotes
Oshawa
Setz wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 4:41 pm
Creating a hitlist, are we?
This may help: http://www.redflagdeals.com/users/
LOL. Just checking for patterns. Without a search by join date, the list is useless, unfortunately.
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
hdave wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 7:58 pm
where would be the best place to report a troller?
i have reported [someone] a few times and she is still here

also, if a male pretends to be a female, is that considered a troller?
lol
Banned
Aug 8, 2012
1115 posts
83 upvotes
Dallas, Texas.
What I do not understand is that so many people complain about one certain member and nothing is done, further to this every time her username is mentioned a swift action of cover up happens (username edited out.) Then we are expected to believe the team is impartial, meanwhile good members standing up for their religious rights are being sent messages telling them to shut up or they will be banned forever...it's a joke.

It just shows everyone what is going on behind the scenes.
May 27, 2007
15655 posts
3042 upvotes
Toronto
240silvia wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2013 5:00 pm
What I do not understand is that so many people complain about one certain member and nothing is done, further to this every time her username is mentioned a swift action of cover up happens (username edited out.) Then we are expected to believe the team is impartial, meanwhile good members standing up for their religious rights are being sent messages telling them to shut up or they will be banned forever...it's a joke.

It just shows everyone what is going on behind the scenes.
Just because people complain does not mean something will be done unless rules are broken.
If a certain member's posts/opinions bother you so much, use the ignore function.

But if users continue to call out/taunt others, then that becomes a personal attack/harassment problem; which will be punished accordingly.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2850 posts
427 upvotes
Damn, I just thanked 'AcidBomber' by accident - for a post which I did not like (ADMIN: we need an 'Undo Thanks' option! Also please note that 'AcidBomber''s 'Thanks Received' page does not accurately reflect recent thanks received). There is a reason I disagree with what was posted, but it's off topic to this thread so I'll leave it for elsewhere..
JAC wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 2:07 pm
I want to keep an eye our for new new accounts.
'JAC', I have a custom workaround that I used a few months ago to successfully identify dozens of 'paid to post' forum members. Nowhere near as efficient as the unavailable default vBulletin memberpage, but it did the job. I'll send you a PM.
× < >