Personal Finance

How do I pay my credit card bill online using TD Easyweb?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2013 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Dec 27, 2009
169 posts
Toronto, Ontario

How do I pay my credit card bill online using TD Easyweb?

Has anyone done it before? Is there a guide or can someone explain how to? Much appreciated. :)
12 replies
Nov 30, 2005
525 posts
29 upvotes
Log on to your easyweb. Go to add payee and add the creditcard. Follow some instructions, it's pretty simple. You will start getting your statement online and can view semi- uptodate transactions.

Easier would be calling easyline and having them link your credit card to your easyweb.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 27, 2009
169 posts
Toronto, Ontario
ZxExN wrote:
Jan 4th, 2010 6:09 pm
Log on to your easyweb. Go to add payee and add the creditcard. Follow some instructions, it's pretty simple. You will start getting your statement online and can view semi- uptodate transactions.

Easier would be calling easyline and having them link your credit card to your easyweb.
Actually I already had my credit card number added to the TD Visa payee. I was just unsure if this is how to pay my bill. Thanks for the information.
Oct 8, 2008
702 posts
56 upvotes
If this is a TD Visa card, the easiest way is clicking on 'Make a Transfer' then transfer from you bank account to the Visa account. Doing this restores your credit limit instantly.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 27, 2009
169 posts
Toronto, Ontario
D582 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2010 9:08 pm
If this is a TD Visa card, the easiest way is clicking on 'Make a Transfer' then transfer from you bank account to the Visa account. Doing this restores your credit limit instantly.
Thanks a million. I didn't know that... and I only have $500 credit limit :!:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
7702 posts
562 upvotes
When in doubt call TD Easyline. Choose the options for Easyweb support (to get someone competent in an on-shore call center) and they can not only talk you through it but also add the payee for you, if necessary.

If it's a TD Visa though, in your own name, definitely do it as a transfer. It frees up credit immediately.
Nov 30, 2005
525 posts
29 upvotes
Thalo wrote:
Jan 5th, 2010 1:15 am
When in doubt call TD Easyline. Choose the options for Easyweb support (to get someone competent in an on-shore call center) and they can not only talk you through it but also add the payee for you, if necessary.

If it's a TD Visa though, in your own name, definitely do it as a transfer. It frees up credit immediately.
I've never paid my TD visa using "transfer" before. I've always used the tradition, "pay payee" which usually frees up credit the next business day or two.

Thanks for the tidbit.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
131 upvotes
ZxExN wrote:
Jan 5th, 2010 1:28 am
I've never paid my TD visa using "transfer" before. I've always used the tradition, "pay payee" which usually frees up credit the next business day or two.

Thanks for the tidbit.
One thing I noticed, and this is simply an FYI for everyone with a TD Visa, when doing the direct transfer to your TD Visa, even though your credit limit immediately reflects the payment, it seems to take an extra day for the funds to actually hit your TD Visa.

Whereas, if you do it via the Payee list, the funds hit your TD Visa a little sooner.

I do not understand why that is. You'd think it would be quicker when done "internally", but it's the opposite.

I know it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, but if you're trying to pay down the balance just before the statement date (to stop TD reporting a high balance to the CRA's) then doing it as a Payee is preferable.

At least that is in my experience. I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but it worked like that for me. Thankfully I don't have that concern anymore, but I did at one time when my credit limit was substantially lower than it is now and a high reporting balance would temporarily knock down my credit rating due to high utilitization. I'm not so anal about my FICO score nowadays, but there was a day when it was very important for me to keep it as high as I possibly could.
Aug 10, 2008
404 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
When you do it with 'Make a transfer', I think it transfer it on the spot, i.e. no option to select which date you want to hold off to pay.

Whereas, the 'add payee' option, when you pay it gives you the option to select which date to make the payment.

Let me know if I'm correct on this.
Jan 27, 2007
69 posts
2 upvotes
im just going to let you know you are a year or two late, this guy didnt pay on time, card revoked lol
Aug 29, 2013
1 posts
ZxExN wrote:
Jan 4th, 2010 6:09 pm

AHAHAHHAAHAA calling easyline, hahahha :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
7702 posts
562 upvotes
HarrisonA370 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2013 1:13 pm
His post was years ago, when this was still an easy thing to do. :confused:
Money Smarts Blog wrote:
Nov 29th, 2010 11:18 am
I agree with the previous posters, especially Thalo. {And} Thalo's advice is spot on.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7793 posts
3665 upvotes
HarrisonA370 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2013 1:13 pm
Registered to make a useless post like this? You FAIL in life.
× < >