Shopping Discussion

how do you deal with dell when they have out of stock items?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2010 12:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 5, 2009
821 posts
55 upvotes

how do you deal with dell when they have out of stock items?

I ordered an external Hard drive from Dell and then find out it's backordered/delayed etc.
I've been waiting for since June 21st, so I finally called em up and asked what was going on, they then send me over to their online sales dept.
and say that this would be another 10 business before they get stock.
I then complained about waiting well over 2 weeks, and I ask them what they can do for me to get me another drive so they ask what size i am looking for and I tell them I want at least a 500GB or bigger.
So the rep puts me on hold and then comes back with different options well ovver the 69.99+tax i had paid and not even portable drives they were desktop drives.

so I asked what kind of deal i can get and he does the old, ' let me talk to my supervisor.' blah blah blah and comes back and says that I got 30 bucks off the first deal and that's all I can get as a discount off any other drive.
the closest I could find was a drive that was 109bucks so the rep tells me that the price would be 89 dollars, but then i tell him it should be 79 bucks if it is 30 dollars off the price. I hear him punching in the numbers on his calculator (really tough math you know) and then ask him if he can match the original price of 69 but he wouldn't move.. but still wanted to sell me a drive.

So then I told him to cancel my order..

what would you do or what have you done?
2 replies
[OP]
Feb 5, 2009
821 posts
55 upvotes
peroxide8888 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2010 11:12 pm
It's Dell, I expect my order to arrive when it arrives. I never order anything from Dell that I want immediately. If I order from Dell and it comes in 3 days - great. If it comes in 3 weeks - great.

Keep your expectations of Dell low, and you will never be disappointed.
My expectations have usually been kept relatively high, just b/c I've had stuff delivered within a week. I guess I'll keep my expectations a bit lower