Computers & Electronics

How do you find out how much a used TV is worth?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2016 6:34 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 21, 2008
560 posts
112 upvotes

How do you find out how much a used TV is worth?

I'm considering selling my Samsung UN55D6500 to a friend, but I have no idea how much it's worth. I can't find any used listings for it either, on eBay or Kijiji.

Any online resources, or any estimates?

Thanks in advance.
6 replies
Dec 13, 2015
166 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NeoSlasher wrote: I'm considering selling my Samsung UN55D6500 to a friend, but I have no idea how much it's worth. I can't find any used listings for it either, on eBay or Kijiji.

Any online resources, or any estimates?

Thanks in advance.
Look what a similar brand/feature TV sells for new...

Take off a % for used... And any friend discount you feel like providing
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Used TVs aren't really worth much these days on the used market it seems. A few hundred bux?

I think maybe the problem is instead of buying a higher end TV off Kijiji, a lot of people would rather just get a cheap lower end TV of the same size with full warranty.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14473 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
I usually don't sell stuff to friends...in case something goes wrong shortly after you sell it to them. Different case if it's for free.

For this tv and age I'd say $500 is a fair price and a round number. You could probably get $50-100 more on Kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't sell to friends if there's going to be price negotiation. If anything goes wrong with it, they'll blame you. If someone tells them that they got ripped off, they'll blame you. Tell them that if they really want it, they should make you an offer that they would consider fair and that they are going to be happy with, no regrets, and that's the only way you'll do it.
Dec 21, 2008
560 posts
112 upvotes
There's no price negotiation, I'm moving out of an ex's place (on good terms) and it's integrated into their home entertainments system. I was just contemplating the idea of letting them buy it to save them some effort, and put that money towards a new one. I'm now thinking that might not be such a good idea, I had no idea that they kept their value so poorly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Your ex, currently on good terms? Don't do it! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)