Shopping Discussion

How do you get Dell to give you a freebie when you purchase a laptop?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2008 1:58 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 31, 1969

How do you get Dell to give you a freebie when you purchase a laptop?

Hello,

I'm going to buy a laptop from [rfdlink=55]Dell[/rfdlink] today. I'm getting the [rfdlink=55]Dell[/rfdlink] Inspiron 1525 (http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/con ... =NI15_F_1E) for $769 (I added Bluetooth + the Wireless N card) + tax.

It's my family's fourth time buying a [rfdlink=55]Dell[/rfdlink], but it's my first time buying from them (I'm paying for this on my own.)

Is it possible to ask them to throw something in for free? :confused: How do you get the salesperson to give you something for free?

Thanks for your help.
Thread Summary

A thread summary has never been created for this thread.

Add thread summary
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9474 posts
2650 upvotes
I doubt they will give you anything for free but maybe accessories for a reduced cost. You could also try surfing the web to find coupons that you can use at checkout.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
Doubt it, laptop = very little margin, most accessories = higher margin. They make more money on the accessories than they do on the laptop.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
If you were buying multiple laptops, maybe. Buying one laptop for less then a grand. Doubt it.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2017 posts
245 upvotes
Lol let's all give you a freebie because you're making a purchase
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
arctic wrote: We were given free 3-year warranty when we bought our second Dell and I've heard of others who received "freebies" when they ordered desktops and laptops.

I think companies should offer "freebies" as an incentive.
companies shouldnt need to offer u freebies for buying sth from them,

although they could offer u discounts since u've bought several computers from them before, which is why u should brg this up to them
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2008
1326 posts
13 upvotes
trixR4kids wrote: companies shouldnt need to offer u freebies for buying sth from them,

although they could offer u discounts since u've bought several computers from them before, which is why u should brg this up to them
no. good luck OP, call and ask a rep. if he sais no, call again and ask another one. if he sais no, try getting a laptop from FS and bargain with them. lol
;) upvote 4 upvote?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7613 posts
1105 upvotes
I call the India call centre directly, and haggle with them a bit. I've never gone away without at least 10% knocked off, or a USB key, or KB/Mouse combo tossed in.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)