Off Topic Archive

Locked: how do you hold a pen while writing?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2010 9:38 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 9, 2007
86 posts
1 upvote

how do you hold a pen while writing?

I see many people holding a pen in awkward ways...like using the forefinger & middle finger to hold or all the fingers to hold, with the pen bent backwards all the way, is this is how it is taught in school here?
Share:
3 replies
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6284 posts
442 upvotes
Help me
chets2k wrote:
Nov 14th, 2010 9:10 pm
I see many people holding a pen in awkward ways...like using the forefinger & middle finger to hold or all the fingers to hold, with the pen bent backwards all the way, is this is how it is taught in school here?

Its not really taught in school, however it is comfortable for the child - thats the way they will write.

I broke my thumb when I was 3 or 4. So I hold my pen very weird. My thumb is straight, my index is up above my thumb on the other side and I guide the tip of the pen that rests on my middle and right finger at the bottom.

I also press very hard when I write.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13721 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
i hold my pen between my middle and ring finger, always have since i was a kid.. i also grip it pretty tightly, so my hand gets pretty tired easily when writing lecture notes.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1275 posts
12 upvotes
I hold my pen with my index finger pointing downward in the direction of the pen, held between my index and middle fingers. Its all about those people who can twist and do all those tricks with their pens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMPPN1WSK0A
× < >