Home & Garden

How do you make your toilet have a stronger flush?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2009 9:12 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4712 posts
182 upvotes

How do you make your toilet have a stronger flush?

Err...don't know much about toilets.
How do you make your toilet have a stronger, more powerful flush?
It seems I need to always have to flush twice now. :o
Is there something I can do or buy for the toilet?
Thank you...
3 replies
Aug 16, 2006
72 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
The new environmentally toilets are made to drain less water (you obviously pee 90% of the time you go to the bathroom).

If you do need a strong flush for those times in need :) ... you hold down the lever for a few extra seconds (this will give you a stronger flush that will push everything through).

The **** part :) is that it's a pain in the ass :) to remember to do it.
Sep 21, 2007
71 posts
Truro Nova Scotia Ca…
No honestly, I mean it. There is a small port I think called the siphon jet located at the front of the bowl interior. Mineral deposits build up over time blocking the jet (after all it really just an opening). Take a knife or other sharp instrument and unblock the hole. You will notice a difference.

Ron
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
1165 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
rockin ronnie wrote:
Sep 28th, 2009 8:29 pm
No honestly, I mean it. There is a small port I think called the siphon jet located at the front of the bowl interior. Mineral deposits build up over time blocking the jet (after all it really just an opening). Take a knife or other sharp instrument and unblock the hole. You will notice a difference.

Ron
This happened to me. I didn't realize the clog at the time---so I removed the toilet and discovered what needed to be done. I used a nail to scrape out the blockage.
× < >