Parenting & Family

How do you monitor your kids on internet and control their time?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2017 12:21 pm
[OP]
Mar 11, 2017
157 posts
20 upvotes
BC
NubNub wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 12:55 pm
It's not the inappropriate sites that the big issue here. I can actually live with the odd pron site popping up on browers, intentionally or not. The problem is the Instagrams/snapchats/kik apps where they contact/meet up with strangers and can get into all types of troubles. Tons of inappropriate content on Instagram alone. My daughter even admits to this fact.
Yes I agree. That too!!
Jun 24, 2015
590 posts
56 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
The outlet near my modem is controlled by a light switch. We used to have a lamp there. I now have the modem connected to it. When I don't want the kids to use the internet, I simply shut off the switch, and turn it on when needed. They understand they can not use it so they actually do normal things now like read books, play actual board games, cards, do homework, etc, It feels nice to be a Good Fella
Feb 7, 2014
398 posts
19 upvotes
Hi,

There is app Our Pact on iOS which will allow you to lock your kids iPads/ipods or any i gadget from your phone.

Very handy.

Priy
Nov 26, 2003
540 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
This app for Android may help a some of you (with kids under 13)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... link&hl=en

• Manage the apps your kid can use - Approve or block the apps your kid wants to download from the Google Play store.
• Keep an eye on screen time - See how much time your kid spends on their favorite apps with weekly or monthly activity reports, and set daily screen time limits.
• Set device bedtime - Remotely lock your kid’s device when it’s time for bed, or time to take a break.

Some caveats with this app tho... I've heard that you'll have to create a new Google account for the child and that it only works on devices with Nougat (7.0) or later.

Keep checking the app for an update regarding new accounts and the age limit as Google has responded to some of the reviews received. It seem like they are working on improving that aspect of it.
If you're replying to people without quoting them, it's no different than talking to yourself...