Fashion & Beauty

How do you survive in a suit in this weather?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 12:35 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4536 posts
501 upvotes
Markham
thericyip wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 8:09 pm
Leave your jacket at work?
Well, then the seats in public transit are dirty, which makes dress shirts become dirty too when arrive in office
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1754 posts
450 upvotes
North York
smartie wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 8:36 pm
Well, then the seats in public transit are dirty, which makes dress shirts become dirty too when arrive in office
I give up.
Aug 5, 2008
138 posts
41 upvotes
Maylay wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:28 pm
I had to look online to find out, but the promo video says rayon is used to wick moisture and convert it to heat, which is then trapped by thin fibres to retain heat.
This doesn't sound right - you can't "convert moisture into heat", they're two completely separate things. They probably mean it retains heat while letting moisture escape.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
3093 posts
394 upvotes
Driving can be a pain in the butt, but one advantage of driving garage to garage is that I think I’ve only worn a winter coat M-F a couple of times in the last few years.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39848 posts
3918 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
I go to work wearing dress pants+ dress shirt.
That way i can wear winter boots to keep feet warm, down jacket to stay warm up top, and ear muffs/gloves for the extremities.

I leave my jackets in my closet.
I Just throw on a jacket when im there.

Is the point to stay warm? Or to stay stylish at all times? Even to and from the office?
If thats the case... wear high performance, breathable, warm long johns. Aka "base layer" to not sound geeky.
I survived 2 weeks in the deep of winter with a spring jacket...
All because i had long johns + protect the head and extremities (feet+hands). Your upper body is actually pretty resilient at maintaining heat. Its the heat loss from legs, feet, hands and head that really lower your core temperature.