Cell Phones

How does Best Buy custom wrapped screen protector compare to a glass screen protector?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2018 11:55 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2901 posts
126 upvotes

How does Best Buy custom wrapped screen protector compare to a glass screen protector?

I recently had a cheap glass screen protector placed on my iPhone 7 Plus and already has air that got underneath, I was just hoping someone can share their experience with the custom screen protector that Best Buy uses, I know it’s not glass so I assumed it wasn’t as good,

What’s the general consensus on it?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1605 posts
429 upvotes
Woodbridge
By "not as good" do you mean feel or protection? BestBuy advertises warranty for the life of your device on any ClearPlex that they install, so you should have no concerns there. Do you have a case on your phone? Does the case have a lip that goes above the edge of the display? If your answer is yes then the difference between tempered glass and plastic is purely tactile.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11710 posts
1217 upvotes
Kanata
What you want is the full glue tempered glass protector, if you want almost full front glass coverage and not get dust underneath. If you get the ones that are full front coverage but only glue on the edges, it's way too easy to get dust under the protector.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2901 posts
126 upvotes
goofball wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:17 pm
What you want is the full glue tempered glass protector, if you want almost full front glass coverage and not get dust underneath. If you get the ones that are full front coverage but only glue on the edges, it's way too easy to get dust under the protector.
I haven’t seen those offered locally, do you have any links? And how would it compare to the Best Buy product?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11710 posts
1217 upvotes
Kanata
Rockstead wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:35 pm
I haven’t seen those offered locally, do you have any links? And how would it compare to the Best Buy product?
I don't order locally, they really price gouge around here. I normally order mine from Aliexpress, though it does mean waiting some time for it to arrive.
I have never used the best buy product,
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1476 posts
404 upvotes
I ordered a cheap tempered glass one from eBay for <$2 for a Moto E2 about 2 years ago. Never got any air bubbles or other issues with it.
Jan 13, 2014
795 posts
232 upvotes
Calgary
I'm not a fan of the Clearplex protector that Best Buy uses. Like some plastic film protectors, it has a slight orange peel look and feel.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2901 posts
126 upvotes
Devhux wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:21 pm
I'm not a fan of the Clearplex protector that Best Buy uses. Like some plastic film protectors, it has a slight orange peel look and feel.
Oh I didn’t know that, that’s a reason not to buy it, and the problem with all these stores that do tempered glass is that they all use the cheapest generic ones possible so that they don’t care if hey mess up and can just replace it, none of the local guys I’ve seen use brand names or it’s the pretend brand that is generic.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)