Parenting & Family

How does it feel now that they're not home...

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2007 8:43 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Aug 8, 2007
387 posts
Toronto, ON

How does it feel now that they're not home...

Is it quiet? Is it boring? Is it painfully silent? Catching up on daytime TV? :D
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
Haha...I was going to post the same thing!

My youngest is gone all day now...sniff....I miss her.

To be honest with you I have not found my 'groove' yet. Yesterday I took the day off...Mommy Day!

Today I ran some errands, and gutted the kitchen (incredible how much we accumulate over the summer!)

I have started a Facebook FlyLady type group (I love to clean..lol) and a whole slew of people and I will be cleaning our homes from top to bottom! Yeah Me!!!

But my hubby keeps making me cry because the baby's gone now!
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1564 upvotes
Away at work all day, so dont notice anything. This year is officially the first year all 3 are in school now. Grade 5, 2 and kindergarten
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
11960 posts
259 upvotes
My older one is in school full time, but I still have my 2 yr old duder with me, so it's not that different. Older will come home for lunch 3 days a week, which is nice.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1208 upvotes
Sauga
FREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM! :lol:
It lasts only a couple hours, though, and we still have a napping 19-month-old home during that time. But it's a nice break. :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
Rehan wrote:
Sep 5th, 2007 6:00 pm
FREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM! :lol:
It lasts only a couple hours, though, and we still have a napping 19-month-old home during that time. But it's a nice break. :)
That's what I thought last year...couldn't wait to have a first grader in the mix..lol...now I miss the 11am pickup...sigh...ok..this is nuts! I need to plan my life here!!! No more moping!
[OP]
Banned
Aug 8, 2007
387 posts
Toronto, ON
Is Kindergarten 1/2 a day or every other day > :( :lol:
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1208 upvotes
Sauga
kt11 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2007 6:26 pm
I think it's 1/2 day every day...don't know for sure, though.

Our first two kids have not gone to kindergarten, and probably the third will not either. Although the Montessori school they attend/attended is expensive (compared to free kindergarten), we find it to be worthwhile. :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
kt11 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2007 6:26 pm
Differs by school board. Here in Halton Separate goes daily 1/2 day and Public goes every other day plus alternate Fridays.

All mine did it. I am not keen on Montessori and would likely choose homeschooling over it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
969 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I haven't had a chance to breathe as of yet and I won't till November. With both boys playing highschool football they have practice till 5 every night. Then the oldest is playing on another football team that plays NCAA in the US. He needs to be at practice at 6 till 8. Last night it was in the gym at 5 in between practices. It's freakin' crazy! It is kind of quiet though in the mornings! :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9491 posts
615 upvotes
Muskoka
We back onto a new school, and my 2 year old was so excited on Tuesday morning seeing all the kids going in. He was yelling 'Backpack! Benny go school!'.

I don't even know when he starts, I think two more years?

Anyone hear about the Ontario Liberals new promise of full day kindergarten? Sounds interesting, and it would start in 2009 or 2010, perfect for my kids!
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1564 upvotes
Bullseye wrote:
Sep 6th, 2007 8:49 am
We back onto a new school, and my 2 year old was so excited on Tuesday morning seeing all the kids going in. He was yelling 'Backpack! Benny go school!'.

I don't even know when he starts, I think two more years?

Anyone hear about the Ontario Liberals new promise of full day kindergarten? Sounds interesting, and it would start in 2009 or 2010, perfect for my kids!
Alberta has had full-day kindergarten for 2 years now. Seems to work pretty well.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
969 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Our youngest was in full day SK. She did exceptionally well and it worked out well. In her case she needed a speech path. and it was provided during the school day with little to no loss of programming.
Dec 25, 2002
640 posts
204 upvotes
My oldest is in SK now. I still have a 3 year old and a 6 month old at home. My 5 year old goes full days every other day.

I'm assuming that the "full day" K being discussed would be full day, every day? If that is the case I would elect not to have my kids attend. I see no reason at all to have them in an institutionalized setting for that much time when they are so young.

Kelly
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7253 posts
719 upvotes
Toronto
kellya wrote:
Sep 6th, 2007 2:57 pm
My oldest is in SK now. I still have a 3 year old and a 6 month old at home. My 5 year old goes full days every other day.

I'm assuming that the "full day" K being discussed would be full day, every day? If that is the case I would elect not to have my kids attend. I see no reason at all to have them in an institutionalized setting for that much time when they are so young.

Kelly
Just consider it as full-time day care where both parents are away at work during the days.

Kids will interact and learn more from each other better that way.

My only one starts JK next week. Fulldays 2 days a week and alt fridays.